110 Gallon Stocking List

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I skipped the hawkfish because I read that it liked to eat shrimp and my wife loves shrimps lol...
These guys don’t seem to eat shrimp (If they do then it’s rather unheard of).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about adding some Banggai cardinals... 3 at least?
Don’t add more than 2. Even then, you would need to be absolutely certain you have a male and a female and not two of the same gender.
If you had more than 2 then chances are you’d have a pair that would become murderous.

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t add more than 2. Even then, you would need to be absolutely certain you have a male and a female and not two of the same gender.
If you had more than 2 then chances are you’d have a pair that would become murderous.
Interesting... Is it me or almost all fish stores say it's safe to have more than 3

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting... Is it me or almost all fish stores say it's safe to have more than 3
Almost all fish stores say it’s safe to have groups of them for sure. Unfortunately many (if not all) of those groups end up becoming a pair of murderous bangaiis.

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all fish stores say it’s safe to have groups of them for sure. Unfortunately many (if not all) of those groups end up becoming a pair of murderous bangaiis.
I will just skip the cardinals and get the two wrasse's.

I am planning to buy them already quarentined. DrReef has some nice reef safe wrasse's and it seems he is highly recommended.

What wrasse's do you guys recommend? I like the Mystery wrasse but never has seen it in real life.

Thanks

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you don't want other wrasses. Similar behavior to a 6 line, but possibly a little bigger.
Haha I always pick the ones that don't play along with others. What wrasse's do you recommend if I want to add 2 to the tank?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I always pick the ones that don't play along with others. What wrasse's do you recommend if I want to add 2 to the tank?
Looking through dr reefs reef safe wrasses quick, they should mostly be okay.

I would avoid the mystery and sixline, any of the leopards (as a new wrasse keeper), and the cleaner wrasse.

The others should mostly be okay.

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would avoid the mystery and sixline, any of the leopards (as a new wrasse keeper), and the cleaner wrasse.

Wow! Thank you so much for going through all this trouble to help me! I really appreciate it!

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Thank you so much for going through all this trouble to help me! I really appreciate it!
No problem, really. I just like talking fish! See if you find something you like. There are better wrasse experts here than me, so let us know what you are thinking.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1 to this, also, as a new wrasse keeper you’ll want to avoid any tamarins (Anampses) and Thalassoma species. The tamarins are harder to keep in most cases and the thalassoma species are nasty as they age.

Lineatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will just skip the cardinals and get the two wrasse's.

I am planning to buy them already quarentined. DrReef has some nice reef safe wrasse's and it seems he is highly recommended.

What wrasse's do you guys recommend? I like the Mystery wrasse but never has seen it in real life.

Thanks
Naoko fairy wrasses are very underrated. Gorgeous with their fins out and by far the most personable wrasse imo

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sad today... My Midas Blenny decided to jump out from the observation tank...it was his last day... He went through a small hole in the lid and when I saw him it was too late...

I might just order another one but this time already quarentined from Dr Reef... It's a sad day though...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back