• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

~12" diameter massive Rainbow BTA WYSIWYG

Item Price
$175 shipped UPS Next Day Air
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

copps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found this rainbow BTA strain many years ago and loved it for its beautiful color and the large size it achieves. This specimen needs to go due to where it is and is around 12" in diameter when fully opened as shown in the third shot with the ruler shown in the pic... 1st shot is under 400 watt 20K Radiums and second shot under blues... $175 shipped UPS Next Day Air... I'm one of the long timers in the hobby since the late 80s and have been shipping things for over 20 years with 100% positive feedback...

Thanks,

Copps

ozSIlfp.jpg

2ZXiY89.jpg

b31rgNj.jpg

OP
OP
C

copps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm in Leesburg... I can meet for local pickup in Leesburg, Sterling, Tyson's Corner, or Cabin John, MD, and cut a price break as there would be no shipping.

Thanks,

Copps

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copps, do you have any theories on why some individuals bubble and others do not?

OP
OP
C

copps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Copps, do you have any theories on why some individuals bubble and others do not?
On this strain it's hard to tell. I have so much going on in my systems that I have never paid it too much attention. I have another strain of "BTA" that never bubbles. On this strain, you could see one directly behind this specimen for sale, under the exact same conditions, that bubbles. Personally, I prefer the specimens that do not bubble. Some specimens will grow massive, and some not... again, under the same conditions.

Do they split very often?
They do for me.

This specimen is still available, and massive.

Thanks,
Copps

OP
OP
C

copps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys... I have five gigantea in this tank, along with two magnifica, including a solid purple one that's a split from the one in my 1300 gallon... I need to get updated pics but you could see some anemone pics here...

This large blue squamosa holds its own with the anemones... I have a load of large angels in my 1300, so the clam can't go in there. I also no longer keep gigantea in the 1300 as the angels pick on them and make them look like haddoni... :D Still a number of magnifica in the 1300 though as they continue to split.

Copps

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back