120G 80/20 Stand Build

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

Wanted to share my new build (it will be slow) of my new 120 Gallon. All I have now is the stand made out of 80/20. Let me say this stuff is awesome. The stand measures 48" x 24" x 40" all blacked out. Owen at HPE Automation in Deerfield Beach, FL was a pleasure to work with and got me exactly want I wanted. They did the CAD of my design and compiled all of the part lists and cuts for the additional pvc panels. 80/20 shipped everything SERIOUSLY packaged to my door. I used the smooth 1515 extrusion which has a really cool flat look. I haven't fully finished it yet as it takes some time to build. As it progresses I will share more. Here's some pics...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! A lot of frag swap vendors use 80/20 for their show tanks and they always look so cool. I might have to give the 80/20 some thought for my next build :)

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vhot you use tu connect them to gothre I placing order for the same t-slot 15 for me new cube build cont maik me mind vhot to use tu conectem to gothre

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rob... I'm really digging this setup. For this setup so far it's $1100. I know it's expensive but I'm looking for a house and this is going to be so easy to move and break down. It's roughly around 75lbs built. Plus when I want to upgrade bigger I can just add onto it. Even add drawers, side cabinets and a light rail. For the fasteners they are the anchor style with the drilled holes in the T-Slot. You can buy it all off eBay but the drilled holes have to be done by 80/20.

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some updated pics... I finished building the frame. All I need to do now is attach the panels. 80/20 sent stainless steel which are good for the saltwater but they are silver not black.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed... Durability, mobility and the add on aspect well worth it... I'm thinking doing a drawer to hold apex and all that stuff.

The sump is also being made now and it will measure 44" x 18" x 26" solid black with solid removable top. I have dogs so no hair in the sump and I want an open stand look.

ThePriceSeliger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it. More pics of the panels? How do you plan to attach them? Rough estimate of the final weight w/ the panels? Is it sitting directly on the floor or on the 80/20 leveling feet?

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Planing on attaching them with the T Slot and holes drilled in the panels. Need to get black bolts though. Came with silver. I think it'll weigh around 75 pounds with the panels. Maybe less. It's pressed pvc boards so they aren't too heavy. It's flat on the floor. I didn't want to risk with the leveling feet.

usernam invalid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like these 80/20 stands I almost did one for my 120 but got shot down by the wife

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya... Mine wasn't happy either but our trade was I get a new take she gets a baby... The deals we make.

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think anyone here on R2R has ever done an update on a single bolt/screw but I'm super excited. The bolts that came in the kit were high quality stainless steel. Great for saltwater and but not looks for a all black industrial looking stand. After some searching, my good friends at Ace Hardware (They know me as the crazy fish guy) came through. They found a bolt that would work (maybe). I wasn't sure I could get it to be flush as a tank sitting on this and bottom and back board would look bad. It matched the specs of the button stainless. So I tried a flat head and the pvc board compressed Perfectly!!! Only problem Ace only had 1. Well they ordered more for me and should have them next week. Lame I know but it's an update and here's 2 pics... Happy Holidays Everyone!!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year.... Wanted to provide an update as I got all the panels attached. Took 4 trips to different Ace Harwares and 4 hours of driving but got them. Couldn't be happier on how it looks. Was a bit of a struggle but it is what it is. On order is the light rail next which will be mounted from the back and a suspended light rail. Thinking the Giesemann Matrixx II dimmable... Sump should be here in 2 weeks... Here's some update pics.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up guys... Wanted to update a bit. I ordered 10 X 1" & 10 X 1.5" grommets for wire management. Thought is all the apex units and 4 X Ecotech Drivers a cross the top of the back of the stand. There will be a wall on the back of the stand trapping the wires and lights. The height of the sump will be 27" tall so it will be right below the grommets. I cut up the Chips Ahoy and NutterButter boxes for a scale layout where the equipment will be placed.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week I also received the rail rack for the lighting. Once again great packaging from 80/20 and super fast shipping. Here's some photos of the next phase.... The top strip of masking tape is the hanging height of the light. The bottom strip will be the height of the tank.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Wanted something different looking, mobile when I move (super light) and open sump area.

Any questions comments feedback is always welcome!!!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really nice. Glad someone finally did a build thread on one of these stands. Following.

Back