120G 80/20 Stand Build

MbunaJohn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really nice build! i wish i could go back in time a month and build my stand out of 80/20...next time :)

hung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can feet be added to raise the stand off the floor 3-4"? I have wood floors and would like to be able to clean underneath the tank in case of any leaks or spills.

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @hung i guess you could but I would be nervous as 3 to 4 inches would be high depending on your tank. I would maybe suggest a four post stand depending on the size of the tank. You would really need to worry about the support and wobble. Look at the 1530 vs the 1515 which is structurally more sound on its end. Hope that helps...

Saltwaterwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man I can't believe it has been this long since I posted here about your stand...whatever happened to it?

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man I can't believe it has been this long since I posted here about your stand...whatever happened to it?

Hey Buddy how you doin.... saw recently your parting out your tank? Hope all is good with you. Stand and tank are doing good. Recently moved and had a kid so you know how that goes. Been rather quite on the tank build but since it's been so long I may do an update. Had some huge loses and didn't want to post till its "presentable"

Saltwaterwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Buddy how you doin.... saw recently your parting out your tank? Hope all is good with you. Stand and tank are doing good. Recently moved and had a kid so you know how that goes. Been rather quite on the tank build but since it's been so long I may do an update. Had some huge loses and didn't want to post till its "presentable"

I here u man, yep kids are definitely a big thing lol...yea man getting out of the hobby life right now is just way too busy for reefing...my stand i might keep though just collapse it because I can't let it go for too cheap, We both know how expensive 80/20 is. Looking forward to an update man, no pressure lol, take care bud

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I here u man, yep kids are definitely a big thing lol...yea man getting out of the hobby life right now is just way too busy for reefing...my stand i might keep though just collapse it because I can't let it go for too cheap, We both know how expensive 80/20 is. Looking forward to an update man, no pressure lol, take care bud

Happy Belated Fathers Day to you. They are a bit of work but worth it. I hear ya on the time for the hobby but everything needs to balance. I also hear ya on the cost of the stand. Hold it for now and down the road you'll have something good. I'm going to do an update soon I promise!!!! Take care

Back