OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really nice. Glad someone finally did a build thread on one of these stands. Following.

Thank you... I've searched everywhere online and no real builds with this stuff. Glad I could share with everyone...

Soon the sump will be here. Already thinking of building more with this stuff.

Any questions comments and feedback always welcome.

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,

I have been busy getting this up and running. I'm going to try to stay in order of the progression but so much has happened. Well the sump arrived from John at Advanced Acrylics and this this is a beast and a monster. The build quality is awesome. As I wanted an open stand look I had it built 26" tall and enclosed. All of the plumbing is out the back so no plumbing or wires are shown. All of the Apex and Ecotech gear has been mounted and looks super clean. For the tank... Well I SMASHED the Innovative Marine 30L to get some extra inches and drilled the back. I was really scared but for all it can be done. Finished moving the equipment and finished the plumbing so I moved all the fish and corals over. Had one loss of sps so far maybe a purple cap but hate to say it expected some loss. Waiting on the wireless bridge and Vectra M1 and should be good to go. Any questions and comments always welcome.

Enough words here's the pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. What did you use to attach the hanging kit to the 80/20?

Thanks... I found a metric bolt at Ace hardware and used the regular hanging kit. It was wide enough to fit the slot but not fall out.

image.jpg

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night the Netgear Bridge arrived for the apex. $20 on eBay so I'm happy and no long cable so the wife is happy. Super simple setup verse the previous bridge I had. The Vectra M1, schedule 80 gray plumbing parts, prodibo quick start (preventative measure since sort of new tank) apex cable and temp prob arrive today. Things are coming together.

Here's some pics... Sorry about the blues...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. what is the space between waterline to the top of the tank (2" or 4")?

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice!

This might be a bit late now that you have a tank on there, but I think those corner braces are on the wrong side. Shouldn't they be on the front?

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. what is the space between waterline to the top of the tank (2" or 4")?

Thank you. It's about 2" from the water line to the top when the return pump is on. It sits right in the middle of the bulk head strainer.

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice!

This might be a bit late now that you have a tank on there, but I think those corner braces are on the wrong side. Shouldn't they be on the front?

Thank you. I thought about that too but if you look the the 4 48" horizontal bars are resting on the 4 vertical legs. The side horizontalbars that have the brackets are not resting on them so the brackets were placed there. Plus there are bored anchors in those sides that are flush. You can see below the locking anchor which all joints have. The brackets were for non-resting connections.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, good. I hate noticing things like that, but I'd rather say something that see a post showing your stand collapsed.

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, good. I hate noticing things like that, but I'd rather say something that see a post showing your stand collapsed.

Appreciate it... Maybe my logic is off but that makes sense right? Do the pictures help? Appreciate the feedback. This is why I like this place rather than the other.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate it... Maybe my logic is off but that makes sense right? Do the pictures help? Appreciate the feedback. This is why I like this place rather than the other.
One big family :)

I don't know... you might want to ask the 80/20 manufacturer. To me, the most support is needed where the largest lever arm is. The largest lever arm is across that long length in the front. I'm pretty sure that they should be in the front, but I only have gut feel to back that up. Every picture I see on google shows them on the long end, but that doesn't mean they were built properly.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks awesome!

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome!
Thank you Rev

One big family :)

I don't know... you might want to ask the 80/20 manufacturer. To me, the most support is needed where the largest lever arm is. The largest lever arm is across that long length in the front. I'm pretty sure that they should be in the front, but I only have gut feel to back that up. Every picture I see on google shows them on the long end, but that doesn't mean they were built properly.

I did have one of 80/20s vendors build the original structure for me so I hope so. I do see what you mean though in pics... Maybe when I put a larger tank on I will brace it those as well. I did build everything to take a 120. That's only an IM 30L now. I did hang on the light rail when building it to see and I'm 250 lbs and it held. It did try to roll over though... Stuff is strong.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can probably handle it without it. Just there for security. How is it when you push it along the long side? Any motion?

Back