ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sump is sweet! Who makes that?
Windrunner creations. It is a beautiful sump and has a lot of really neat features. But it was a HORRIBLE customer service experience. It took them over 2 and a half months to get me a non cracked sump. Constant issues with communication and follow thru. As much as I'd like to recommend them because the product is great, my experience was miserable.

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RBTA has not moved an inch since I put him in 2 weeks ago. Looking healthy and happy. Feeling pretty good about it, just wish the clowns would start hosting.

IMG_2237.JPG

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent the better part of the morning trouble shooting my apex (sweet baby J I wish I would have just bought a new one with a display and wifi enabled). I previously had it working with the wireless router booster but it wasn't up to date with firmware. Now its up to date with firmware but the wireless is not working.

But the bright side is that I organized my wires and modules. It still looks like a mess but it is SO much better than before.

IMG_2249-1.JPG

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I updated a thread here. Apex finally all up and running, feeling like a IT mastermind at this point. Everyone in the tank is doing great with the exception of an Sunburst Anthais I bought 2 days ago. Been having erratic swimming and "resting" up against the rocks. Pretty worried it's not going to make it, which is a super bummer.

IMG_2319.JPG

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for livestock:
*2 Da’Vinci Clowns (Amphiprion ocellaris)
*Coral Beauty Angel Fish (Centropyge bispinosus)
*Sunburst Anthias (Serranocirrhitus latus)
*Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)
*RBTA (Entacmaea quadricolor)
*Clam (Tridacna maxima)

Wishlist:
Midas Blenny (Escenius midas)
Carpenter’s Flasher Wrasse (Parcheilinus carpenteri)
Powderblue Tang (acanthus leucosternon)
Kole Yellow Eye Tang (Ctenochaetus strigosus)
2 Zebra Barred Dartfish (Ptereleotris zebra)

Anyone seeing any compatibility issues?

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank! How are you liking the reefbreeders? I have the same lights. As for your wish list I don’t see any problems but if I were you I’d add the midas blenny before the kole tang. I have both fish and I got a kole tang a month before the Midas and there was a little drama. Nothing major and it ended after a couple days but just letting you know. Kole tangs are peaceful for tangs but don’t like other omnivores. I absolutely love and recommend both fish though. Both are beautiful and have tons of personality. My kole tang (Kirby) cleans all day every day and thanks to him I haven’t had algae problems despite high nutrients. My Midas blenny (kermit) is a very active swimmer also but loves to perch in the rockwork and just watch everybody. Here’s pics of the both of them
339ccf60ea518c59dbdf648239b6abac.heic
72ca47b77c7aec282f443323122e1b58.jpg
89eda8284a958132c3776e7cf0c48a1b.jpg

As for the powder blue, I’m not sure if it’d be better to add him and the kole tang at the same time or the kole before hand since they are more peaceful. I’d research a bit on that

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the recommendations, Love your tank! Reefbreeders have been great so far. Haven't really started growing anything crazy yet, but I love the flexibility and control with these lights.

tsav87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build man! That clam! Are you still building a hood for the tank?

Jmblec2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to set up a QT for your fish. It would be a same to lose them all.

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hood arrived today, love how it turned out. Side note, the hanging kit for the Reefbreeders was SUPER easy to install. Huge plus in my book for these lights. So far I've been very pleased with them.

IMG_2324.JPG

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won a $100 gift card for premium aquatics. Super excited! Ordered a few more lbs of rock to fill in some holes and to stock the refugium and a Hanna alkalinity tester. Excited to have more accurate readings!

Heres a link to the dry rock. https://premiumaquatics.com/products/marco-key-largo-dry-rock-lb.html It is pre cured and the website advertises that it is 100% free of organic materials. I had my first batch of about 150 lbs sit in a tub of water with circulation for about 2 months. I'm only adding about 20lbs this time, do you think I would be safe just putting it directly in the tank, or should I "cycle it" and seed with a rock from my display?

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my QT tank set up this week. Have a beautiful flasher wrasse that just arrived today. Had a stressful experience getting him here, delivery was delayed mid trip due to weather causing him to spend an extra 24 hours hours in transit. Perked right up after he finished drip acclimation and even ate quite aggressively 2 hours after being placed in the tank.

IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_2369.JPG

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New aquascape after adding 20lbs of extra rock that I won from Premium Aquatics. Also purchased a Hannah alkalinity meter with the gift card, but unfortunately don't have any AAA batteries. Feel like a kid on Christmas day that doesn't have the batteries for my new toy.

IMG_2371.JPG

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back