125 basement sump for 240 DT.

  • Thread starter Thread starter jparsley55
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jparsley55

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
14
Reaction score
4
Location
ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of getting a 125 gallon glass tank to use as a basement sump for my new 240 gallon DT on the 1st floor. I’m going to drill it for an external return pump. I was wondering if anyone can share their DIY baffle systems and any tips for how to effectively build this sump. I plan on using socks, skimmer, refugium, and return. Thanks!
 
One suggestion would be to copy the system used by some of the manufacturers (one would hope there was some 'research' put into those systems?). Good luck with the tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new