125 Gallon 6 x 1.5 ft stocking

In this size tank does anyone know what basslet would be best in addition to the royal gramma? I like swalesi, yellow and/or Randall’s assessor, and chalk bass especially in group. Or none, just the royal gramma for basslets.
 
Which type of foxface? Maybe I do a foxface instead of a second tang
Magnificent foxface. Given I have only had it about 2 weeks but other than some slight aggression from my yellow tang the first 48 hours I have not had any issues.
 
Magnificent foxface. Given I have only had it about 2 weeks but other than some slight aggression from my yellow tang the first 48 hours I have not had any issues.
Ah well I’m definitely adding a yellow tang haha main reason I went from 4 to 6 ft
 
Also, keeping in mind I’d like to have some fish on the size of a firefish, so hopefully sticking to more peaceful side on the biggest fish I add. If possible. I heard purples can get aggressive in general. Which is why I haven’t mentioned them. Didn’t know the powder blues were mean as well.
Oh yeah pass on the purple then!
 
Also I see most list the Goldflake at 125 gal min but the majestic sometimes listed above this maybe Goldflake is slightly better option? Or maybe just stick with only regal as large one.
 
Which type of foxface? Maybe I do a foxface instead of a second tang
Yeah they are chill! Forgot I had one in my 125. My magnificent! Added a bi color with him recently, love the coloring on both!
 
Would it be dumb to include goby like clown goby, rainford goby, hectors goby, Sharknose cleaner goby? And pink streak and possum wrasse I mentioned before in the another thread? Too small and will get picked on? Or fine and might just not see them often.
 
Would it be dumb to include goby like clown goby, rainford goby, hectors goby, Sharknose cleaner goby? And pink streak and possum wrasse I mentioned before in the another thread? Too small and will get picked on? Or fine and might just not see them often.
Hard to say, I typically dont keep small fish like that! My nano consists of 3 mollies, clowns, cardinal, dottyback, blenny, and a dart zebra goby!
 
Hard to say, I typically dont keep small fish like that! My nano consists of 3 mollies, clowns, cardinal, dottyback, blenny, and a dart zebra goby!
No problem maybe others have some thoughts in the morning pretty late here on the east coast anyway.
 
No problem maybe others have some thoughts in the morning pretty late here on the east coast anyway.
Lol Im a first responder I work late and never realize how late it is for normal people!
 
Lol Im a first responder I work late and never realize how late it is for normal people!
Haha I checked saw you’re in Denver so at least you’re behind a little in time zones but yeah pretty late. However the us open is still on which means I’m still awake. Thanks for all your help so far
 
Should I be considering Chromis or not the right tank size for a small group?

They don’t often actually school in our tanks and often carry uronema. Sometimes they kill each other. I wouldn’t bother with them personally. Especially since you want fish like butterflies (which also are more prone to urenoma).
 
Would it be dumb to include goby like clown goby, rainford goby, hectors goby, Sharknose cleaner goby? And pink streak and possum wrasse I mentioned before in the another thread? Too small and will get picked on? Or fine and might just not see them often.

Depends on your other fish.

My small fish do not get picked on at all. My pink streak is out all day long front and center.

Stay away from jerk fish and they should be out and about.
 
If you are looking for more angels, don’t forget the Genicanthus angels. The female Bella is gorgeous imo and they can be kept in M/F pairs if that interests you.
 
I love tusks, they can eat small fish though. And will eat your clean up crew! Same with triggers. Triggers
Yeah if I did a tusk I’d have no small fish or maybe one firefish and risk it, could leave the pink streak wrasse and tiny gobies off in exchange for a tusk. Such a magnificent fish. See most say 125 gal min but some 150+. I guess each fish can grow to a different max size that impacts that.
 
Depends on your other fish.

My small fish do not get picked on at all. My pink streak is out all day long front and center.

Stay away from jerk fish and they should be out and about.
Gotcha yes so I’m either going to stick with the more peaceful bigger fish so I can keep some smaller fish, or maybe go with a tusk in the tank and not do any small fish like I just posted
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new