125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

jasonvan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ignoring the Aiptasia for a second, well not too much, look directly above the Aiptasia and THEN ignore the Aiptasia.
i have the same issues. i did a mass blanket cover of all the aptasia in my tank with faptasia. saw some baby ones on a frag plug. was too lazy to do the faptasia and ended up just putting superglue on top of it. it actually worked.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
He came out from behind the rockwork! He's been hiding since I brought him home, I just get a glimpse of his little sticks every now and then...
IMG_20221230_124352535.jpg

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Three days into dosing phosphates and it looks like the Scooby Doo stopped necrosising... (Yes, I made up a new word sort of or at least changed a noun to a verb or something of the sort?) I don't hold out much hope for it but there's still probably 10-15 polyps that are open and seem mostly happy? Tips burnt for sure so the top is gone. Base STNed or bleached up about 1/4" but several of those corallites(?) have polyps again - no color, but polyps.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not sure how to tell my wife....
FB_IMG_1672364955799.jpg

I won these... The problem is the frag is free but the drive over is almost an hour and shipping is $15... She said "No more stinkin' corals!" Do I tell her that these ones smell good or...

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Technically I won a Meteor Shower Cyphastrea from them in November and never picked it up. He charges $10-$15 for local delivery so I may be able to convince her that both together are worth more than the delivery fee.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"it's free and currently taking up room in another's tank. As a matter of justice I should get it. We can give it away if you like, but we should at least get it out of their tank."

More often than not arguments of justice work for me.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can tell her anything as long as this isn't the line she doesn't want crossed... :D
So "these aren't 'new coral', just new to us." or new to our tank. actually, these corals have been traded in the hobby for decades, they are some of the oldest in fact.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So "these aren't 'new coral', just new to us." or new to our tank. actually, these corals have been traded in the hobby for decades, they are some of the oldest in fact.
Actually, these are supposedly brand new, not on the market, imported by SWA.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Or we could make it a family thing as get one of the kids to tell her it's your present from them?
I keep trying to "enroll" my daughter in a Marine Biology type class so she can buy a reef tank and testers with the scholarship. :smiling-face-with-halo:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 24.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 25.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 55 24.1%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 54 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back