125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Anyhow. I might be getting old. Sounds like a war zone outside and it's putting me to sleep.
Independence Day America GIF by Sarah Brightman
 
Well... My mother-in-law just got a call that her brother in Missouri died. This make things difficult now. My family AND my in-laws are all headed to Missouri. I have to find someone for the fish tanks, quail, dogs, and cat... Everything is pretty automated on the fish tanks with the exception of an ATO that'll only last for 2 to 3 days. I might be able to upgrade for the temporary and set up something a little larger...
I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss.
 
Anyhow. I might be getting old. Sounds like a war zone outside and it's putting me to sleep.
Independence Day America GIF by Sarah Brightman
Go to bed! I'm getting sleepy as well and I'm in a different time zone.
 
Well... Maybe I'll just do a six-line - that's the one my wife wants anyway. I can always add some a couple of Fairy or Flasher Wrasse. I'd love a Coris or possibly even a Melanurus but I don't think I can swing 4" of sand. Some websites say 2"-3" for Yellows and Melanurus while others say 4"-5". I was hoping being on the smaller/slender side 2.5" would work but I don't want to buy something I can't house long term.
 
Return line installed. I reglued 1 fitting so I'm waiting another day to turn it on for full curing.
IMG_20220704_203853779.jpg
 
Did that. Got more than I needed.

Be sure to get that 6line as a last addition. Those fish are out right brutal.
True story! Highly agressive.
 
So pretty though! I wish I could have one. It might kill my eel.
I've heard that the 8 Line and 4 Line may not be as agressive but they're still in the same family so I'd still exercise caution.
 
Someone had an 8 line wrasse. It killed everything in tank. But, he was somewhat new to sw fish.
eightstripewrasse2.jpg
 
Well... Maybe I'll just do a six-line - that's the one my wife wants anyway. I can always add some a couple of Fairy or Flasher Wrasse. I'd love a Coris or possibly even a Melanurus but I don't think I can swing 4" of sand. Some websites say 2"-3" for Yellows and Melanurus while others say 4"-5". I was hoping being on the smaller/slender side 2.5" would work but I don't want to buy something I can't house long term.
My melanurus is fine in 2 inches of sand..it's not even that deep where he sleeps...more like an inch
 
Not sure why the link to the post doesn't work but Hellfire Frags is giving away an RFA pack on July 13th through Facebook (and maybe Instagram?).
 
Turned on everything except for the skimmer. The water is pretty clear and there were little tiny tornados in the tank at first picking up some of the scum. The tank is going to sleep now but I grabbed a quick pick with clear water! I'm going to add the bacteria and Substrate Sauce now.
IMG_20220705_205931176.jpg
 
Definitely a bit more rock (just my 2c). It's looking really great.
 
Definitely a bit more rock (just my 2c). It's looking really great.
All the rock from the 5 and the 75 are going to get transferred eventually, but I agree! It is so barren and bare looking right now.
IMG_20211105_142512429~2.jpg

IMG_20200526_163407045.jpg

All this rock. The 5 gallon is probably moving over when I get back (it does have some coral and CUC). The 75 is going to take a while. Over the course of a couple of months one rock here, one rock there....
 
All the rock from the 5 and the 75 are going to get transferred eventually, but I agree! It is so barren and bare looking right now.
IMG_20211105_142512429~2.jpg

IMG_20200526_163407045.jpg

All this rock. The 5 gallon is probably moving over when I get back (it does have some coral and CUC). The 75 is going to take a while. Over the course of a couple of months one rock here, one rock there....
Add some of your live rock into the the 125 to start the seed process. You wont regret it.
 
Add some of your live rock into the the 125 to start the seed process. You wont regret it.
Yeah. I added the Substrate Sauce last night and started with fully cycled rock and live sand. When I get back from Missouri I'll move over the live rock and sand from the 5 gallon and add the TurboStart. The 75 has a couple of pieces of rock with nothing on them but I'm still fighting algae in that one and don't want to move it over with that going on. I'll probably do a Hydrogen Peroxide dip but won't that basically unalive it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new