125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

When I switched salts mine took 30 odd water changes to get it down. I didn't see any movement for at least the first 5.
Nope, mine is the stupid tap water. City is sending me 12.5 alk and my salt adds another 8.3... I was raising my alk with my ATO and doing water changes would just make it worse.
 
I was perusing Instagram and Lazy Coffee Designs has posted a $10 GC. I went ahead and ordered a couple of stickers. $0.97 for shipping and my daughter has two new stickers.
 
Screenshot_20221224-191754.png
Screenshot_20221224-191651.png
 
We've got at least two new Duncan heads popping out of the mother.
IMG_20221225_112530091.jpg
IMG_20221225_112523706.jpg
 
Scooby Doo doesn't look good. Probably not going to make it. :disappointed-face: The Orange Blast is hairy and colorful. Appears healthy and happy. Creature is not as hairy, looks fairly healthy and appears to be coloring up. Brought the Alk down from 10.1 to 9.3. working to bring it down to around 8.5. I might bring the calcium up a little tomorrow to see if that lowers it some. We're sitting at 420, so decent but I'd love to see 450.
 
Also, in the meantime I'm going to start dosing some phosphates.
 
I think i said it before..but test daily when you start adding. At saturation point of your rocks the dosing level will level out. Until then it will be absorbed and drop pretty quick after adding and on the flip it will spike when you saturate and are still dosing heavy. Mine is leveled at 23 ml per day on doser. Depending on the day it can test .02/.04---.08/.1 but I know from dosing it's never zero.
 
Neophos ordered. It'll be here Wednesday, hopefully sooner. I'll have my alk down and can start getting detectable phosphates.
 
Neophos ordered. It'll be here Wednesday, hopefully sooner. I'll have my alk down and can start getting detectable phosphates.
Have to order some myself and set up a doser for a Vaca. I think once you hit the sweet spot for phos you will see a decrease in nitrates as well. So be sure you test those also
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new