I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cheaper to do a 13.5
100% agree!!! +1
3-4 SMALL fish and some inverts.
Might want to stick with 2-3 fish and move up from there. Even three is kinda pushing it.
250g fluval powerhead
I am not sure what this would do? Will this just be overwhelming for your fish/sand?
I’m going to use reef crystals
+2 nice!
I’m going to use 10 lbs live rock and 10 lbs Fiji pink for the scape.
+3 awesome sauce!
Weekly 10% wc so i can keep perams stable without dosing
+4 I would definitely do this!!!

Sorry Noah I get a little excited about AIOs

BelieveInBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh lawdy here we go again

Michael Jackson Reaction GIF

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Noah I just got a 5 stage spectrapure rodi system as well as bubble magus 5 skimmer for free. You can have them. Just pay for shipping its yours.
Off to excellent start keep up the good work.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Noah I just got a 5 stage spectrapure rodi system as well as bubble magus 5 skimmer for free. You can have them. Just pay for shipping its yours.
I can’t do that, my mom wouldn’t want me getting stuff from strangers. Tysm for the offer tho

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you are joking, the last thing this kid needs to learn is that using peoples time and being rude at certain points on a forum rewards you with basically free stuff. He is off to a much better start with this thread but does he need free stuff, no. I'm all for a successful tank, trust me I've been through the whole threads and made plenty of helpful posts but rewarding him is not the right way to help.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna have to do some work over the summer to afford all the coral and fish and that tuna blue.
You could go fish only except a bubble tip anemone. Good for clownfish and don’t have to worry about corals (nems kill coral). Maybe with some Xenia or leathers and other cheap stuff.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I put an mp10 in tank, swapped lighting with ai prime and added a tunze nano ato that’s about all still have the stock sump pump but plan on upgrading. I would add more flow for sure.
This my suggestion as well

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buddy, working and saving up for it will only increase how much you love the finished project. Lord knows my two year long build has done the same for me.

and it sounds like you are finally putting together a solid plan. Well done!!!

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have experience with the evo long term?
My evo is nearing nine months old. It takes a while to reach stability, but when it does, it's a beautiful tank. I definitely recommend the intank media baskets, both chambers 1 and 2. It's a little costly, but it is no doubt one of my best decisions I made for my reef.
The first month for my tank was a trainwreck. I did little to no research, and ignored every expert's advice. I lost all of my fish and paid the price (quite literally $$$) severely. After that, I took a few weeks and did a lot of research and asking questions to develop knowledge.
Since then, I've gained much experience and knowledge in reefing, and have a thriving, successful aquarium. It truly is a learning experience that takes plenty of time. Heck, I still learn something new every day on this forum!
The best advise I could give for the fluval evo, and any tank, is to QUARANTINE ALL FISH! It sounds like you are on the right track with planning a QT tank, but I cannot stress enough the consequences of letting a fish slip past medication. You never know what the fish you buy has, even if the lfs says it has been quarantined. Unlike freshwater parasites, saltwater parasites are nasty and belligerent, and the ocean contains a lot more unwanted diseases.
Best of luck with this tank, and I will definitely be following along. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I'll be glad to help.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My evo is nearing nine months old. It takes a while to reach stability, but when it does, it's a beautiful tank. I definitely recommend the intank media baskets, both chambers 1 and 2. It's a little costly, but it is no doubt one of my best decisions I made for my reef.
The first month for my tank was a trainwreck. I did little to no research, and ignored every expert's advice. I lost all of my fish and paid the price (quite literally $$$) severely. After that, I took a few weeks and did a lot of research and asking questions to develop knowledge.
Since then, I've gained much experience and knowledge in reefing, and have a thriving, successful aquarium. It truly is a learning experience that takes plenty of time. Heck, I still learn something new every day on this forum!
The best advise I could give for the fluval evo, and any tank, is to QUARANTINE ALL FISH! It sounds like you are on the right track with planning a QT tank, but I cannot stress enough the consequences of letting a fish slip past medication. You never know what the fish you buy has, even if the lfs says it has been quarantined. Unlike freshwater parasites, saltwater parasites are nasty and belligerent, and the ocean contains a lot more unwanted diseases.
Best of luck with this tank, and I will definitely be following along. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I'll be glad to help.
What’s the media basket do that’s important?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back