Not open for further replies.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about fish? I will definitely check out live plants .com
By far my favorite fish is my coral hawkfish named Moe so much personality :) like a dog :)

D697D7C2-E58A-4093-94AF-1B11E45BA154.jpeg

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fish ideas besides the hawkish, I wanna have multiple fish in my tank because it might just be boring for my 1st reef tank to just have 1 fish inside. When I do get more tanks I’m def gonna go into species biotopes and picotopes

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything but math and English becsuse they are useless classes after 5-6th grade unless you get a math job. Science teaches more useful math
English absolutely isn’t a useless class.
https://biogeodb.stri.si.edu/sftep/en/thefishes/species/1856 this guy is awesome. Could it work in my tank? It’s 15cm and dosent seem active
I’m not going to comment on whether or not it’d be appropriate for your tank, I don’t know enough about the species, but it comes from an area that straddles the line between tropical and temperate. The Sea of Cortez is in general warmer than the Pacific at that latitude and in the tropical range, but as soon as you get out to the Pacific coast the water is, at its warmest in the summer, like 72°. So depending on where the fish is collected it might not be appropriate for a typical reef aquarium.

I used to live in Puerto Vallarta, which is further south, and the water there was still cooler than what is considered tropical (though there are tons of tropical species on the reefs/shallows there, but then there were also more temperate species, too). Also lots of species come down from the north to breed, everything from humpback whales and orcas to whalesharks (saw one once while snorkeling at the Marieta Islands - crazy seeing something that big in 50 feet of water).

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For less than 90 bucks you can get a macro tank started that includes tank filter heater light and sand. I would recommend buying live rock like you suggested before it will put you ahead of the curve

is the tall green thing a shaving brush? I love those but didn’t want to order one just to have it die :rolleyes:
Also!!! Woohoo! This can get shipped here! https://www.saltybottomreefcompany.com/palm

I’ve been dying for the feathery looking caulerpa! Saw it in Louisiana when I went back home a few years ago and loved the look!

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By far my favorite fish is my coral hawkfish named Moe so much personality :) like a dog :)

D697D7C2-E58A-4093-94AF-1B11E45BA154.jpeg

I love hawk fish! They’re such nosey things XD wish I could get one but I don’t think it would fit into any of my tanks unless my green spotted puffs wouldn’t bother it...

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the tall green thing a shaving brush? I love those but didn’t want to order one just to have it die :rolleyes:
Also!!! Woohoo! This can get shipped here! https://www.saltybottomreefcompany.com/palm

I’ve been dying for the feathery looking caulerpa! Saw it in Louisiana when I went back home a few years ago and loved the look!
The shaving bush came in a pack was not hand selected :) I personally try to avoid caulerpa but just a personal preference :)

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fish ideas besides the hawkish, I wanna have multiple fish in my tank because it might just be boring for my 1st reef tank to just have 1 fish inside. When I do get more tanks I’m def gonna go into species biotopes and picotopes

I think if your focus is fish then you should go with the biggest tank you can afford.

The evo is a decent starter tank but at the end of the day it’s still only so big and will limit you on fish.

My opinion is that the 20 or 40 is still better. Your name literally is NOAH LiKES FISH.

ofc fish will change your plan again but I see it changing like 100 more times anyways.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything but math and English becsuse they are useless classes after 5-6th grade unless you get a math job. Science teaches more useful math
One hundred percent agreed except for the English part, I like English but only for entertainment. Science is the most important class imo :D

Last edited:

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Says the young lad getting into a hobby that requires you to be a biologist, mathematics master, and chemist to really succeed.

(sorry, couldn’t resist)
But at the same time we don’t need to know how to do long division and crap that’s why we have phones and calculators

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But at the same time we don’t need to know how to do long division and crap that’s why we have phones and calculators
Unfortunately true. In my own industry I'd rather hire someone competent with CAD than able to do trig by hand and not know where the power button on a laptop is. As a guy who knows both ways to get the job done it hurts me to put tech over math but it's reality now. Knowing both makes you a powerful player in the game though, and allows you to quickly stink check for reasonableness.

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And teachers always said you won’t always have a calculator with you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back