Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some research on the pygmy cherub and the strain that gets 2” and I think it could work in my tank because it’s very small
No they are very active and should be in a larger tank. Doesn’t matter it is 2 inches. At very minimum I would do a 20 long as but a 40 would be perfect. If you did research then you would notice 30-55g is the recommendation.

Save that fish for when you upgrade.

Honesttly the best policy to to pick out must have fish first and then pick a tank to fit after.

Last edited:

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m

gonna do a double refugium

It's a bit cramped in the chambers for that and could turn into a detritus trap if you use rubble. You can definitely try. One of the reasons people do the same thing is that it works. Many folks end up doing the InTank chamber 1 basket with floss on top and whatever media they need in the other two sections. Cheato in the 2nd chamber with a grow light on the back facing into the chamber. Chamber 3 is the heater, return pump, and ATO.

You have some great and interesting ideas. You should honestly use this tank for learning the basics, practicing good husbandry to keep everything in balance.
Every new person has a grand picture in their head as to what their tank will look like. The first tank is seldom as fantastic as we picture in our minds.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a pic, I can’t attach the vertical beams till I seal it
You still have a lot more to build check out some threads too people get real in depth and have diagrams. I would also put a flat piece of wood on top to get a more level surface for the tank

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. is that the base?
How are the rails attached to the stiles? What kind of joinery did you use?
Screws and a jig I think I don’t know what it’s all called but my tech Ed teacher told me how to do it all. It is just screws on a angle. The main legs will go in where there are gaps inside the wood beams so there will be 4 or mabye 6 beams inside. It’s 24x18 I think

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude i know, but this tank is 24x15 so also would fit onto the stand. For $20 more you get 7 more gallons to deal with, and more fish options. Really saying this because you have not been able to make up your mind about what fish you actually want or even could have in a 13.5 gallon tank
https://www.fijicube.com/collection...-gallon-peninsula-rimless-aio-glass-nano-tank

Link the tank, im sure others on the forum want to get a good deal too.
Again though that deal for the evo is a great price

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m 100% doing the 13.5 i can’t change it

Then you need to get it together and pick some appropriate fish.

The search function first hit is someone asking about keeping a pygmy angel in a 13.5 and the answers are no.

LA: 55g
Fishlore: 30g
Pracitcal Fish Keeping: 40g

How am I supposed to believe you are doing research when I can't find a source that reliably says its ok besides like one random guy here or there?

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna use foam or a sheet of wood to do that

In case you didn't know the Evo is on a riser, foam will not work. (guess it could, but I wouln't)
1620939230355.png

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screws and a jig I think I don’t know what it’s all called but my tech Ed teacher told me how to do it all. It is just screws on a angle. The main legs will go in where there are gaps inside the wood beams so there will be 4 or mabye 6 beams inside. It’s 24x18 I think

Ok, perhaps you mean pocket screws.
Looks like it's not too late to change tank plans and size ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back