14 gallon coming soon

redreefer26

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2016
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curing LR in a 5 gal for a 14 gal nano reef that's in the works, but I wanted to document the beginning of this undertaking!

Current equipment: Carbon filter sock w/ built in filter & 2 tunze nano pumps.

(Mini Protein skimmer is on the way, and I have a bag of purigen that I intend to use with the DT)

Day 2 Parameters:
Salinity 1.021
Temp 81F (a little high, and the light has been off all day... any suggestions on keeping it cool w/o a chiller in FL are welcome!)
Ammonia: 0? (See pic)
Nitrate: 5-10
Nitrite: 0.1-0.2


b7e783c884bfe51937b67ec90cf6fcb6.jpg
0eb8d13cf3269c75cc9b59c1226367ab.jpg
7b7c87f584cd3772339f0fb8e0999b31.jpg
d10b32ad3b7ad3fad2103336301a36e9.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new