145.5 Waterbox Frag/Water Change

Ryan4485

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Waterbox Frag 145.5. I have not set it up yet. I am planning on having 5 fish: Regal Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang and 2 clownfish. I currently have a Waterbox 25G and I do a 20% change every 7 days. My question is..

with my new tank (145.5) stocked with the 5 fish, how often should I do a water change? And at what percent?

#reefsquad #reefingainteasy

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too many variables to say for sure. It depends on the size of the fish, your feeding habits, your tanks ability to handle the nutrients, whether you dose and what....etc.

C4Rez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank. It’s been about 7-8 months. I definitely overdid it with the amount of fish (16+). Definitely should have spaced out the additions to limit bioload but I wanted to diminish the aggression between the tangs (got 4: Sailfin, Hippo, Purple, hybrid Scopas/Yellow). Still, the Purple bullies the Scopas/Yellow; it’s a risk knowing they’re the same subcategory. At least, no death… yet lol.

Been doing about 10-15% (usually 17-18 gal) every 1-3 weeks prepped in those 20 gallon Brute bins. Salinity goal: 1.025

goodluck!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back