15 Gallon Fluval Flex Build

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any recommendations for cycling? I have rubble rock and ceramic balls from my dad's tank already. I have 2 pieces of dry rock and one piece of live rock. Last night I set my tank up and I dosed microbacteria. Should I ghost feed, and when should I add bacteria again?
I would do bacteria in edition o the sand and live rock

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! I have one as well I will post photos soon. Very intriguing design the fluval flex has.
Yes. Is the back chamber supposed to be the same level at my display? Because no matter if I turn the pump off or what, the water level in the back chambers and the display stays level.

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cycle has began!!! I just started the cycle for my 15 gallon fluval flex aquarium. I posted a thread with all the equipment I'm using previously if you want to look. Looking forward to adding my first fishes, if you have any suggestions feel free to reply.
1000002931.jpg
I started the cycle Sunday. I tested today, ammonia showed up 0.5, nitrite 0, and nitrate is 5. That doesn't seem right to me but let me get your opinions.

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, stick with the tail spot blenny, you’ll love it!
72A71E6E-B513-4E3D-AC0B-FA0474EF58A3.jpeg
I got my tailspot blenny! I decided to name him Pumbaa. The day after I added him, one of my clownfish died of brooklynella. I believe my clownfish had it when I bought him though because he was a lighter color and the LFS said it was just different breeders (I don't think it was lol)
1000003334.jpg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my tailspot blenny! I decided to name him Pumbaa. The day after I added him, one of my clownfish died of brooklynella. I believe my clownfish had it when I bought him though because he was a lighter color and the LFS said it was just different breeders (I don't think it was lol)
1000003334.jpg
Your going to love this fish. A small fish with a huge personality. Sorry about your clown.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already love him lol. It's okay, I'm just hoping my other clown and my tailspot will survive.
They are known to be very hardy. I’m going to tag @vetteguy53081 so hopefully he’ll help to prevent another loss. I’m no good when it comes to fish disease.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I already love him lol. It's okay, I'm just hoping my other clown and my tailspot will survive.
If you know you had brooklynella, adding another fish was the last thing you wanted to do. Now that you have him, assure water quality is good. I suggest adding ruby rally pro to the tank as a safeguard as its rare one clown has brook and the other has not contracted it.
For blenny, feed foods such as spirulina brine shrimp. mysis shrimp, small plankton and formula 2 frozen as it need vegetation and meats in its diet

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know you had brooklynella, adding another fish was the last thing you wanted to do. Now that you have him, assure water quality is good. I suggest adding ruby rally pro to the tank as a safeguard as its rare one clown has brook and the other has not contracted it.
For blenny, feed foods such as spirulina brine shrimp. mysis shrimp, small plankton and formula 2 frozen as it need vegetation and meats in its diet
I didn't know my fish had it until the day after I added it. I didn't realize until he started acting weird.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back