Welcome to R2R and happy reefing!

giphy.gif

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of upgrading from a 125 gallon saltwater aquarium with a canister filter (fish only) to a 150 gallon with a sump (fish and coral). I have a few questions about flow of sump pump required to support this and also size (diameter) of return line and if I should use the Herbie or Durso overvflow. My biggest concern is that I'm set up to make sure I don't have an overflow in the event of a power outage.

Thanks for any help.
Welcome to R2R! Herbie is better than Durso, but if you could go Bean Animal, its even better in my humble opinion. Usually you want at least 10x on the return, so for a 150g tank, I'd put a 2,000gph pump on there to be solid. Most of the time these pumps have controllers as well so you can adjust the flow. Keep asking the questions!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back