15g Questions

KnH

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
37
Location
DFW
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nano Questions, I had a 75g years ago and starting back with the nano.
Get things together to set up a 15g desk top with a 55 gallon sump/under the desk.
I know most would say the setup is backwards but desktop space is at a premium.

I have a two T5 bulb fixture on the way with (Blue plus & Purple plus) and looking at adding some LEDs to the fixture

Skimmerless?
GAC and GFO?
Algae scrubber
Tampa bay live rock?
Thanks
 
If you use a Algae Scrubber you should not need GFO if you watch feeding of the tank. Any skimmer will remove up to 25% of your total dissolved organics it depends on water changes. GAC carbon would be needed if you see yellowing in your water between water changes. Richard at Tampa Bay has great rock you can even get Marco rock that has been placed in the ocean. Good source of coraline algae. Just need to watch for hitch hikers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new