160g stock thoughts?

Oxydjinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious to any thoughts on my stock list for my new 160g tank. Tank dimensions are 60x26x26 and will have plenty of hiding places with the negative space bonsai approach that I'm taking with the aquascape. I plan on stocking over the course of 4 months and will be stocking the tank with pods for the mandarins.

Ocellaris Clownfish x2
Powder Blue Tang
Powder Brown Tang
Yellow Tang
Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
Tailspot Blenny
Bangai Cardinal x4
Yellow Watchman Goby
Firefish
Blue/Green Black-axil Chromis x3
Blue Mandarin (pair)

Any and all info is appreciated.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious to any thoughts on my stock list for my new 160g tank. Tank dimensions are 60x26x26 and will have plenty of hiding places with the negative space bonsai approach that I'm taking with the aquascape. I plan on stocking over the course of 4 months and will be stocking the tank with pods for the mandarins.

Ocellaris Clownfish x2
Powder Blue Tang
Powder Brown Tang
Yellow Tang
Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
Tailspot Blenny
Bangai Cardinal x4
Yellow Watchman Goby
Firefish
Blue/Green Black-axil Chromis x3
Blue Mandarin (pair)

Any and all info is appreciated.
Sounds like as long as your aquascape has minimum 3 sleeping caves for each tang (tangs don't like to share) you may be okay there.

Given half will be actively competing for same food mandarin eat and that mandarin digestive system is different from most fish so near constant food supply is key, hoping you've factored in feeding mandarin.

This is a great mandarin feeding post. I found blue pex for down tube, but I'm on the lookout for stiff black tube as I think that may help tube blend in out of sight a bit more:

I also have two of the flat brine shrimp hatcheries so I can have constant rotation.

I do like to share this post with anyone seeking fish stocking review thoughts:

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Powder Blue and the Powder Brown will fight. Only one will survive. The Yellow might get caught up in the aggression.

The Flasher Wrasse will jump out of the tank at some point.

The Blue Mandarin pair will starve bc your tank won't be old enough to support a bunch of copepods (takes 12mos in most cases)

Just keeping it real...

OP
OP
O

Oxydjinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Powder Blue and the Powder Brown will fight. Only one will survive. The Yellow might get caught up in the aggression.

The Flasher Wrasse will jump out of the tank at some point.

The Blue Mandarin pair will starve bc your tank won't be old enough to support a bunch of copepods (takes 12mos in most cases)

Just keeping it real...

I am worried about the tangs fighting but I figure that there would be enough hiding structure and commotion that they would leave each other alone. I have a tight fitting cover to keep the wrasse in the water. The mandarins would go in last after the tank has been seeded and the population of pods is high and I will be continually dosing pods and baby brine biweekly.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am worried about the tangs fighting but I figure that there would be enough hiding structure and commotion that they would leave each other alone.
Family_Feud_Strike_Indicator.png

Like saying "if I hide in another room in the same house my majorly TICKED OFF spouse will leave me alone....."

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back