170 reefer Robinreefs

Robinreefs94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

In July this year I started up my red sea reefer 170. It is a sort of a comeback since I have'nt had any tanks for about 2 years since I started up now again. The tank is situated in Stockholm, Sweden, and is for now pretty easygoing mixed reef of SPS:es and LPS:es. I've hade many soft corals before and I choose this time not to have any since they can pretty easily take over such a small tank within a relatively short period of time. Maybe some zoas may come in one day.. who knows.

Anyways, it was a pretty fast start up with good and well established liverock. Much life came with it (counted up to 50+ small snails in different species the first night and two corals to name some of the livestock) and it was as purple as you want it after a year usually at day one. So I thought why not start this up faster than I usually do. Within 1 week there were fishes, corals and a clean-up crew established. Everything has worked pretty good so far.

Tech info:
Lightning: AI prime 26 hd
Streamers: 2 tunze 6015
Returnpump: DC 2000
Skimmer: Deltec SC 1351
Heater: Jaeger 200w
Osomlator: Tunze 3155

Livestock:

Amphirion ephiphium
Pterapogon kauderni
Enchelyurus flavipes

Montipora digitata
Montipora setosa
Montipora capricornis
Seriatopora hystrix
Seriatopora sp.
Euphyllia parancora
Caulastrea curvata
Pavona cactus
Acanstrea sp.
Pocillopora sp.

My routines:

10% waterchange every other week.
Rowaphos in a sock.
Active carbon once a month.
Blowing the sand and rock with a pipette once a week.
Cleaning the filtersock in sump twice a week.
Feeding once a day with frozen food (artemia, mysis etc) and pellets for the nassarius snails and hermit crabs a few times a week.
One 10l bucket for ATO (got plans using the standard edition ATO with my ATO to not having to fill up the bucket as often as now).

Dosaging:

With redsea abc+ powder. Manually fix Mg and KH with redseas designated powders for it since those two doesn't seem to be enough with just the abc+ powder. I have plans for building a shelf over the ATO within the sump where a dosage pump with three 2l containers could fit. It will be tight but I think it's manageable. If u think it's a bad idea please let me know ;)

Recent waterquality:
Salinity: 1.026
Temp: 25,1 celsius (77,18 fahrenheit)
pH: 7,7
KH: 8,3
Ca: 460ppm
Mg: 1320ppm
NO3: 0,5 mg/l
PO4: 0,03 mg/l

Pics or it did'nt happen:

IMG_4320.JPG
IMG_4324.JPG
IMG_4290.JPG
IMG_4305.JPG
IMG_4333.JPG
IMG_3909 (2).JPG
IMG_3875.PNG

I have cutted the red's and the green's recently down to a peak of 10% since i did get some problems with algaes on the glass.

OP
OP
R

Robinreefs94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank was shut down recently for an uppgrade to a RSR 425 XL

This is some of the last pictures of it. It went through a move just before everything was resettled in the 425, so therefore some of the colonies switched places.
IMG_0093.jpg
IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0965[3325].jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back