180 FOWLR suggestions

TheWalkman99

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2018
Messages
267
Reaction score
216
Location
Corona
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m redoing my 180 gallon tank right now and thinking through all sorts of ideas for what to do with the tank. I don’t have the money to make it a reef tank. Is there any recommendations for cool FOWLER tank fish/ creatures.
 
I assume that means you are also on a budget for fish? There are some cool butterflyfish, full size angels, triggerfish, etc. that you could do for FOWLR (just be aware that many of them will eat inverts as well).

https://www.liveaquaria.com/categor...15+25&r=3131&s=ts&start=1&page_num=1&count=24

https://www.liveaquaria.com/categor...15+18&r=3131&s=ts&start=1&page_num=1&count=24

https://www.liveaquaria.com/categor...15+43&r=3131&s=ts&start=1&page_num=1&count=24

https://www.liveaquaria.com/category/44/triggerfish?c=15+44&r=3131&s=ts&start=1&page_num=1&count=24

Obviously temperament will be a factor with which of the above you can mix together but those are just some of the different routes you could go
 
More that I don’t want to spend 2,000 on lighting such a big tank. And some other equipment that a reef tank needs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new