180 Stocklist

HK180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on upgrading to a 180G (60.5"×25.3"×21.7") within the next year or so. I'd love some feedback and tips on stocking order. I'm not a fan of tangs, but am open to other fish. Thanks!

Currently own:
1 Leopard wrasse
1 Copperband butterflyfish

Would like:
5-6 Small anthias (perhaps Randall's?)
2-3 Flasher wrasse
1 Royal gramma
3 Rhomboid fairy wrasse (I know that they don't pair, but would a trio be fine?)
1 Starry blenny
1 Regal or Goldflake angelfish

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a solid list. The only * would be the starry blenny (they can apparently be murderers, but I’ve never owned one so I can’t confirm or deny).

Two that I highly recommend are any dwarf angelfish and the flame hawkfish (so much personality!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HK180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a solid list. The only * would be the starry blenny (they can apparently be jerks, but I’ve never owned one so I can’t confirm or deny).

Two that I highly recommend are any dwarf angelfish and the flame hawkfish (so much personality!)
Thanks! Any suggestions for a dwarf angelfish? I've heard that they're usually coral nippers.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral beauty is very peaceful; the midnight angel is a bit more hyper and nips at the occasional zoa (but isn’t destructive by any means). I’ve heard the flame angels are fairly low key as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back