180g ClownFish Harem Tank Build

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through this thread. Some beautiful life going on here. Great job!

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the current weekly update:
- Corrected my lighting issue
- Friend had a over run of rock flower nems.. we were able to get 2 outta 7 of his rocks
- For some new color add a yellow (yes his whole body and disc is yellow) carnation/sabae anemone
- Corrected my flow issues new smaller powerheads (no more gail force water ripping thru tank)

rock.jpg

yellow.jpg

Here is what I clean off my algae scrubber every 10 days, I run a split 10" X 12" dual sided screen with 2 36w grow lights one on each side.

algae 1.jpg
Is the sebae still around?

OP
OP
zagviper71

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update...

--- All 22 of the new quad bta's happy and havent hardly moved, got the clowns to spread out across whole tank again not beating up the same 8 bta's
--- Added a longhose hawk (friend needed a new home for him.. hopefully he don't turning into steak for a bta.
--- The big piacasso in the begining appears to be the queen, all the clowns are shaking around her.
--- Feeding time frenzy again... 2x auto feeder drops that much food.

OP
OP
zagviper71

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good / Bad news...

-- Good.. 3 of the biggest 4 clowns are cleaning a section of rocks off... fry time!!

--Bad.. while doing weekly cleaning found a dead clown laying on basement floor, appears to been there a few weeks hard as a rock. So now my tank has new covers on the top.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be starting a 120g haram tank. The 1st lair ken a sebea. I can’t say I own it. I might possess it but they own it... They’ve been breeding the last 3 months and have yet to raise a clutch so figure I’ll start a tank to see there pattern.

I tried to find a clear glass and pic of it. I can’t find my FB picture.

484BCDD8-AB7B-485A-81E2-3BE10DC57D78.jpeg

083BEDD0-333F-4BEB-81BB-BA39B00B5136.jpeg

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know how your BTA split at the rate of you can’t keep up who’s splitting and who the mother was. I’ve had a BTA tank to facilitate that and know the ins and outs of keeping them happy with bubble vs noodle tents.
“Happy or angry” is what I’m told always and there happy and will allow a parameter dip so they will be ticked on purpose for x amount of days.
Mainly I’ve had them for over a year on some and no splits or massive growth to allow multi host and not be rubbed to death with just one female but was used to the sebea’s massive size I guess. Spoiled her, so bought 2 more like you said to prevent disintegration.
Thank you for your info and did you raise them from a clutch or buy the haram?
*sorry about this glass as well. I HATE acrylic but it’s perfect for BTA’s movement.. I have MTS and need to clean. Water perfect but not my glass or work area. Embarrassed
EDIT* 4 tanks and a breeding tank... issues..

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back