180g - what size plumbing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Laska
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Laska

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2015
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going 60g sump, 180g tank, wondering what size plumbing and how many holes. I was thinking 2 intake and 2 returns 1.5" bulkheads. Any advice would be great!
 
Your initial thoughts are exactly what I was going to recommend. Except your return lines don't need to be as big; (2) 1" lines would be perfect because you want some velocity through your discharge lines for water flow into display
 
Okay awesome thank you very much! Would you know where a good source of pics would be for an internal overflow with herbie plumbing installed?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new