187G Lee Mar Starphire Eurobraced Peninsula Build

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks awsome so far! I wish I had a light mounting arm like that over my tank aswell. I can not wait to see it with livestock in it!!!

OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM replied. Sorry to say that this thing is still dry, but I still look forward each day to filling it up. As a matter of fact, I was tweaking some aspects of the plumbing just last night cause I had the itch. We are moving to Cali in January 2012 and, once in place, it will get filled. I'm now (along with what seems to be half of the free world) thinking of going with an LED fixture(s). I'm intrigued by the Vertex Illumina as well as the new Ecotech Radion fixtures. It will be nice to see the reviews and feedback from people about the Radion in the coming months. I plan to keep the PM for a future, large frag tank.

OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I'm having stupid thoughts. Luckily I'm months out from filling...maybe see a price drop (yeah, right). Pandora XM might be my favorite of the 2 below with Android control from smartphone.

Sfiligoi Genesis T5 548

Pacific Sun Pandora XM - ultimate fixture

android.jpg

OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wish bro. It's still sitting in in UT and I've been busy working on the new house in Cali. It should be making its trip to Cali in a month or so. when it will get wet is anyone's guess at this point.

Trophaolic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JCom,

What is that thin white sheet between the tank and the stand? Is the bottom glass of the tank making contact with the surface of that white sheet? I am considering getting a Leemar and also build a custom stand. I read in some of the DIY forums that only plexiglass tank would need it since plexiglass tends to bow at the center due to pressure/weight and will need support. However it is not recommended for glass since the uneven pressure may cause the bottom to crack.

Your tank looks awesome.

Thanks

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back