OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting closer....finish work is all done. Just need to put the magnets on the door and get the swivel point and end caps for the arm welded and it will be good to go.

Stand almost done!:

IMAG0148.jpg

My niece, bro-in-law, and my new pup:

IMAG0143.jpg

Holes on back side for ventilation fans:

IMAG0145.jpg

Since the entire stand will be enclosed, I will be using 2 PC fans on the back side for sump area ventilation. 1 blowing in, 1 blowing out.

IMAG0147.jpg

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these lee mar tanks look so nice! It doesn't hurt to be a a master carpenter when you're doing a tank build.

OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U dont give urself enough credit my man. Thats awesome work!

No, I don't give my brother in law enough credit. I've just been along for the ride on the stand. :nerd: Thanks for the props.

olaggie01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along on this. Similar equipment for my tank, although the tank itself is a little different. I like your sump a lot. I'm going to use a Tampco tub instead of acrylic. Just need a place to hold water and skimmer.

OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the props guys....I'm really excited to see it with the swingarm for the light fixture attached. Then it's on to the plumbing...we'll see if everything works out with that and how many times I have to go back to Lowe's or HD for additional parts :wink:. I'm figuring I'll be happy if it's less that 3 times.

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good thus far. Love the stand and looking forward to seeing the swing arm in action.

OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good thus far. Love the stand and looking forward to seeing the swing arm in action.

Thanks brotha....welding was supposed to go down last Sunday but got delayed. Hoping within next couple of days, then the move from the shop to mi casa (requires finish panels to be removed to make it through doorways, not to mention the overall weight of the stand).

Guess I also need to start thinking about my 2nd trip to the crawlspace to fork a line off my RO/DI....sounds lame...

OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more updates for you, progress has slowed with work, holidays, etc.

Some more welding of the arm. at 53 inches, it had some flex and we were obviously hoping for zero. Going to weld an additional steel rod inside of the aluminum arm to stiffen it up:

IMAG0131.jpg

As mentioned before, this tank is not ideal for my current house. Someday it will be a true great room dividing peninsula. But for now, it's just kind of overwhelming a corner of my rec room:

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

Magnets which hold the door on:

DSC_0230.jpg

Under the hood. Didn't spend much time on finish work here, just some poly, so nothing too pretty, just functional (hopefully):

DSC_0243.jpg

underwaterfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking build! That stand is awesome! Can't wait to see it all together. Really interesting looking swing arm for the light.

Dave

OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good next time I'm in the SLC area I'll have to hit ya up!

Thanks! Sure thing!

Great looking build! That stand is awesome! Can't wait to see it all together. Really interesting looking swing arm for the light.

Dave

Thanks Dave, hope it works as planned. I've got some good support, so I feel confident it will be sweet!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back