1st waterbox will be last waterbox

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys well after putting my order in september last year and waiting till mid january to get tank delivered ( can understand the extra time) but after getting my cabinet into my home i saw mark on the front panel (that did not say anything about at start as was going to live with smallish mark! But was looking at my cabinet and sump and was thinking something not correct so looked on website and youtube to check what the waterbox lx tank should look like! well seems my sump is on left side of cabinet and the top off tank on right side! problem is the downpipes are going to be at far right side of sump and not near socks! but its the manifold thats on return line that is going to be above return chamber below pump and not be in centre of sump that dont think will work like should as will have to put flexi pipe onto end nozels because cannot put the media reactors directley down from nozels and not lined up because sump on left side! But bigger problem is that when opened box tank came inside and moving round back of house when looked inside tank there was full width crack in base glass! there is no way could have cracked this putting onto trolly! But i understand i should not have moved before having good look at tank!

So after opening claim and chatting with waterbox! they said thats the way there sumps come know in cabinet ( but not had chance to change on website yet) and all should work the same! And as for the tank i know its part my falt for not giving tank good check but was not after them to send me free replacement but just maybe help with cost with little discount on a brand new tank as got stand and sump know i cannot use! Got reply saying cannot replace tank and when i asked if they could send bottom panel so can get someone to fix new base on tank! They sent reply saying sorry we dont send replacement panels!

Shocking service really as would have paid for what really seams there problem!

Think id have had better luck with Red Sea that everyone told me to avoid

Is anybody else waterbox like my sump position? its a Waterbox 320 lx reef tank

20220127_164834.jpg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1646159613786_6904493852744829633.jpeg
20220218_154605.jpg

OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's how the front panel on my tank arrived and the sump arrived cracked, I'd be insisting they replace both.
Its the base of tank that is cracked from back to front the side of weir box! the sump aint broke but its on left side of cabinet and not on right side of cabinet like on pics on waterbox website! it leaves the gasket for the extra media reactors (if using) sitting not over centre of sump so you have to put length of flexi pipe on end of nozels to reach over to the reactors in middle of sump!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back