2 450g tank build

The Natural Coral Depot

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
22
Reaction score
11
Location
miami beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I’m currently working on a project and the tanks are about 5 feet long 5 feet deep and 18 inches wide but I’m not sure what lighting would work for me since it’s such a deep tank. If anyone could help it would mean a lot thank you.
 
Are you wanting corals near the bottom?
 
Halide
 
Hi I’m currently working on a project and the tanks are about 5 feet long 5 feet deep and 18 inches wide but I’m not sure what lighting would work for me since it’s such a deep tank. If anyone could help it would mean a lot thank you.
There is probably nothing " off the rack" that probably fits well.
You can check w/ Orphek and Kessil though.
You would probably need an Amazonia with 15 degree lenses every 18" though.
3ft hanging height. 15 degree lenses.
3-4 units.
320 watts each.

amazonas-320-lux-distance-curve-1224x1060.jpg


Then there are holographic beam shaping diffusers...
circular%2C-elliptical-and-extreme_1.jpg

https://www.luminitco.com/products/light-shaping-diffusers
Using 35 degree Kessils (KSW360N) about 2 ft off the water line.

Now the number of units is??? but I'd probably start around 6-8.
They are only 80 watts.
The number depends on the question below. At 5ft Kessil should have an idea of real life par.

What kind of light intensity are you going for?
 
Last edited:

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new