2 Part Dosing Softie Tank

Joe.S

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2020
Messages
120
Reaction score
21
Location
St.Catharines
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys quick question, I tested my tank alk and cal for 5 days to see the consumption over that time period. And I really only saw a swing of .6 dkh at the most. I’m thinking of dosing B Ionic 2 part to keep it stable. My tank is a 90 gallon softie dominated system and I feel like the bi weekly to monthly water changes aren’t keeping it stable. My tank consumes more than the water changes replenish, especially when trying to keep numbers stable. My question is can I dose 2 part every couple days or maybe once a week instead of daily? Because I don’t think I need to dose as often as daily. Thank you.
 
My question is can I dose 2 part every couple days or maybe once a week instead of daily?

Yes.
More often is more stable.

Or you could change the water weekly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new