2 questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$49.00 for sample plus about $2.50 for postage. From New Jersey to California to Germany (give them about 2 to 3 days to test sample) about one and one half weeks. Of course if your closer to California the time will be shorter also. The time will probably be shorter during the summer and a little longer during the winter because fish tanks are more of a cold weather hobby than the warmer months when everybody is doing outside things.

Last edited:

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering how many tests are required a year in the Triton method.

I dont think any of them are required - but the general recommendation is to test more frequently at the beginning of the setup, and then less frequently as your tank becomes stable. When I ran Triton, I was sending in tests every month for the first few months, and then backed off to quarterly once the tank was really running on its own. After year one, I sent in one test a year. I send in ICP testing now on my new tank whenever there is a problem I cant identify and plan on using this analysis once every 8-12 months to assure that my parameters are reading similar to what my test kits show.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent mine out July 5th and got the results back on July 12th
So seven days
I live in jersey

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back