2 urchins?

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 32.5 gallon and want an urchin as a CUC probably a tuxedo urchin would I have enough room for two?

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 2 i put them in the reefer 250 then i move them to a 26g tank and they are doing fine together
same as this
1615596314021.png

Turkey head

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to have two. I had two in a 29 gal for several years. I would supplement what they ate from the rocks and glass with nori. I tear off a pice and put it in tongs near their under side and they would grab it. Right now I have a pencil and a pincushion in the 29gal and two tuxedo and a Halloween in a 65g. I love urchins and will probably end up with a couple more

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to have two. I had two in a 29 gal for several years. I would supplement what they ate from the rocks and glass with nori. I tear off a pice and put it in tongs near their under side and they would grab it. Right now I have a pencil and a pincushion in the 29gal and two tuxedo and a Halloween in a 65g. I love urchins and will probably end up with a couple more
I just went to my LFS and they had a massive pincushion a white one would that work in my tank?

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regardless of how many, make sure your corals are glued down well or they'll be "on the move". Meet Roomba our tuxedo

Attachments

• Roomba.JPG
    Roomba.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 36

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool I don’t really know anything about brittle stars and they hard to keep and do they die easily?
Not hard to keep at all over my history....they will leave corals alone in my experience, eat detritus under rocks in sandbed you want rid of. When I feed mine makes an appearance briefly to take any scraps. It's not as sensitive as a true starfish is...

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not hard to keep at all over my history....they will leave corals alone in my experience, eat detritus under rocks in sandbed you want rid of. When I feed mine makes an appearance briefly to take any scraps. It's not as sensitive as a true starfish is...
Do you feed urs?

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regardless of how many, make sure your corals are glued down well or they'll be "on the move". Meet Roomba our tuxedo
Lol, thats wild....I have seen all kinds of stuff carried around by my two but never the corals themselves. 'You don't belong here, I'm gonna take you for a ride!' :D

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back