2 weeks in...

Welcome

Some can grow visibly over weeks. Generally though, think in terms of months

spockwelcome.jpg
 
Hello All, just introducing my self. I`m a novice reefer, 2 weeks in to setting up a new Fluval Evo 13.5G - I`m using all the stock equipment but with an additional power head. I have seeded the tank with live rock and sand and a few hermits and a cleaner shrimp. Also a couple of (very!) small soft coral frags from eBay. Everything seems to be going well although I do have a brown algae bloom which was growing at an alarming rate! I had a minor panic when reading into this as I had used tap water to start the tank and read that silicates can be a major algae nutirents - I have now done a 100% change with RO water from my lfs so we`ll see if that makes a difference - I do think the corals look a bit happier as a result.

Once question for all of you more experienced folk - how long will it take my little frags to grow? not sure how many to get.

Loving the experience so far, many hours spent staring into the tank and admiring my little critters :)

Pic below, any comments or suggestions welcome.

Guy

20200503_174648973_iOS (2).jpg
Hi Guy. Welcome to R2R. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
Welcome to R2R! No one asked the question yet so I'll ask.

So in 2 weeks you had put in corals and want them to grow faster, put in some inverts, and used tap water?

Hmm I think you are moving too fast and probably will benefit of researching more. Lots of articles and thread here about starting new tank. Also check out BRS videos. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new