Look for something like this but with a single head
IMG_20210511_095229.jpg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all due respect young man, It does not appear that you have any of the critical skill sets to manage a successful fresh or saltwater environment. You might consider another hobby.

On the flip side, you have a great skill in getting well meaning members to spend hours of time, answering you kindly, with little or no hope of anything really coming on line.

I see a future for you in politics, talk a lot, do little.

While it’s great to hear out other members experiences, you need to make your own decisions and accept responsibility for those decisions.

That makes a leader. Best of luck.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, you have a HIGH budget for a 20g long... I spent way less on my successful 29g tank...
Budget is subjective. Really depends on aspirations for a tank. But yes, I agree that 500 is enough to get a successful tank going, even if it means cutting back on the nice stuff.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool that that exists but something seems off about a 5 dollar powerhead. Any ideas on reviews for it?
Sunsun brand, mixed reviews on it, I would personally get a better brand but if you are looking for lowest cost option, many people use it. They sell it on Amazon also for about double the price. that site I linked is a supplier that ships out of china, shipping time is longer but can save a few bucks on some items if you order all at one time because it is not free shipping either. They have a lot of the re branded china made lights for sale for significant savings but you get no product support or warranty(they claim it comes with warranty but I doubt i would get any help if i tried to make a claim.)

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say glass cages is your best bet for cheaper, but it looks like they changed around their website and its now just a mess to look through it
@dedragon, thanks for the feedback. We are always open to constructive criticism. Please share more details if you like. We want to make things as useful as possible.

regarding the old website. it was created some time ago and we couldn't update much of anything. it was very difficult to work with.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool that that exists but something seems off about a 5 dollar powerhead. Any ideas on reviews for it?
I have them but haven't used it on a reef tank besides very early in my setup. They are junk with a 10% DOA rate. They have a tendency to spin backwards when plugged in. They do however mix salt water like a champ.

NOW IM LEAVING

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dedragon, thanks for the feedback. We are always open to constructive criticism. Please share more details if you like. We want to make things as useful as possible.

regarding the old website. it was created some time ago and we couldn't update much of anything. it was very difficult to work with.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
I was the one looking for a 200+ gallon tall aquarium, I have batfish and I think a tall tank over 200 gallons would be great for them.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them but haven't used it on a reef tank besides very early in my setup. They are junk with a 10% DOA rate. They have a tendency to spin backwards when plugged in. They do however mix salt water like a champ.

NOW IM LEAVING
You check out any time you like, but you can never leave...

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

NOW IM LEAVING
That is the same thing I use mine for. I bought them when I first setup my tank because of how cheap they were. Figured worst case scenario I will use them to mix salt.... and that's what they do. I use Gryes and MP40s for my main flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back