0   0   0
digital art glitch GIF by G1ft3d

¡Viva la revolución!

fishlover1478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is so sad this thread may never reach 100 pages now I feel like my time was wasted, time to move to the 20 short questions thread

Trever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, fundamental biological knowledge is much more important than recipes, which is what that book apparently offers. Most of the advice one receives in this hobby is completely contradictory and/or amplified (i.e. passed on) speculation or simply without proper validation. Eg. my skimmer failed and after two weeks, while it's been out for repair, I'm not seeing any change in my tank, so do I need a skimmer? Oh, all that stuff that was collecting in the cup shows me it was doing a lot- or is that subjective meaningless nonsense? I mean, so what if there's poop in the skimmer cup and it seems like a lot of poop and it "feels good" to see that exported- do I need that to happen? A good grasp of fundamentals and the ability to think things through from fundamentals makes the most sense.

Are ceramic blocks in your sump useful?

Good luck assessing that one. But if you know the biology, you understand the issues there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, at least I’m not just randomly posting stuff completely unrelated to the subject, this thread is about my tank not someone else’s live frag sale complaining about my thread

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, at least I’m not just randomly posting stuff completely unrelated to the subject, this thread is about my tank not someone else’s live frag sale complaining about my thread
It's not about your tank, it's all questions about the same thing.

Everyone has given you advise, suggestions and you go in circles.

We've all told you research and all you do is ask questions. Most of the sw books are informative.
Threads on R2R are informative even from 2000.
But hey, look forward to seeing a build thread on your tank when you get to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back