Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the water changes and calcium carbonate in the lr will keep the ph balanced right?

I never test pH on my nano's. You never want to dose a pH buffer anyways. Just keep your alk balanced and have good flow/surface agitation.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where’s all the cheap coral? All I’m seeing is 30$ Xenia on WWC and radioactive named cofals

WWC is overpriced. Do you have a local LFS? Cheapest is to buy from other hobbyist but I don't feel that is safe at 14.

Starter frags at my LFS are around $10

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not seeing anything That is agisnst it but it seems kind of optional to me, I’d assume if all the corals are healthy at the lfs they will be healthy in the tank right? I might h2o2 dip
Unfortunately no. "healthy" corals at the LFS may have been there a day, maybe a year and you are taking a big gamble that the lfs is clean, even when they say they are. The Corals ship in from all over the world with all kind of nasties on them.

Dipping for pests imo is an insurance policy. Once you let undesirables in, it could decimate your whole tank or worse, only cause a headache forever! Other dips like iodine are there to promote health. Shipping and transfer is hard. Some corals get damaged along the way and you may not know it. Iodine helps stave off infection.

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where’s all the cheap coral? All I’m seeing is 30$ Xenia on WWC and radioactive named cofals
Most reefers would be more than willing to give away gsp, xenia, Kenya tree, yellow polyps to anyone that asks. As a kid you can probably score some free zoas and toadstool to. Find a local club and throw up a thread explaining what you got going on. Just don't spam it like you do here.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC is overpriced. Do you have a local LFS? Cheapest is to buy from other hobbyist but I don't feel that is safe at 14.

Starter frags at my LFS are around $10
Yeah I wanted to buy from my lfs but people said I’d waste money. Mabye I can go buy frags from my local aquarium club and while I’m at it get a big discount on stuff at my lfs from The membership

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also frag swaps have started up again. Some booths are spendy but I usually find one with a buy 10 for 100 deal or whatever. The frags are cheaper on the LAST day as well as venders do not want to pack up the stuff to bring home so they will start handing out deals. I would suggest going on the last day, ya the pickings are smaller but you are just looking for soft corals and gorgs and stuff anyways... not the newest/hottest $500 acro.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most reefers would be more than willing to give away gsp, xenia, Kenya tree, yellow polyps to anyone that asks. As a kid you can probably score some free zoas and toadstool to. Find a local club and throw up a thread explaining what you got going on. Just don't spam it like you do here.
There’s only 1 club and it meets a hour away. I live in northeast Indianapolis (im not being specific northeast indianapolis is huge)

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I wanted to buy from my lfs but people said I’d waste money. Mabye I can go buy frags from my local aquarium club and while I’m at it get a big discount on stuff at my lfs from The membership

Waste money why? Not all LFS are cheap but some are very reasonable. Can not hurt to look.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sell decently large 2” square of like ricordea or some kinda wavy coral that is green or blue with purple tips for like 25$

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also what do I need for fragging? I’m going to try selling water lettuce tomorrow at a garage sale and I’m going to write a whole poster for it and they just ring the door and I sell it to them. It’s gonna be 5$ for half a sandwich bag my lfs charges like 5$ for 1 big plant I’m giving it about half the rate my lfs would give

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back