20 long questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesrup0411

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not doing a ulns with dry rock I watched some of it and I don’t like it, id rather just have like 1 documentary or a couple documentaries or something not like something which is in my opinion mainly promotional. I would recommend it to someone who is doing a ulns though
You must be watching the wrong thing buddy

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish a completely unbiased hobbyist would doccument their journey through a tank and talk from their perspective and not be bribed by big companies who give them free coral

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have my list here now that it’s revised 438$
I am not sure that UFO LED grow light you picked is a good idea. It's a grow light which means the light spectrum are geared more to growing plants and not corals. In any case I would be willing to bet that it will grow algae very well in your tank as well :)

This light would be good for a refugium but not so much for the main display tank.

You need something like these

Jamesrup0411

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What? From what I remember they talked on and on about tons of dosing and dry rock and stuff that I am not planning to do
Well don’t discourage the education on dosing as you have inquired about dosing already. They cover everything about setting up tank, parameters, equipment and everything to set you up for success and more

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure that UFO LED grow light you picked is a good idea. It's a grow light which means the light spectrum are geared more to growing plants and not corals. In any case I would be willing to bet that it will grow algae very well in your tank as well :)

This light would be good for a refugium but not so much for the main display tank.

You need something like these

It’s going to be for culturing phyto

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not doing a ulns with dry rock I watched some of it and I don’t like it, id rather just have like 1 documentary or a couple documentaries or something not like something which is in my opinion mainly promotional. I would recommend it to someone who is doing a ulns though
The baseline knowledge in that series covers 95% of your questions. Don't be too quick to disregard good info because it isn't EXACTLY your setup. Very very little if that is ulns specific.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish a completely unbiased hobbyist would doccument their journey through a tank and talk from their perspective and not be bribed by big companies who give them free coral
Ok honesty time bud. You had about 50 individual unpaid unsponsored hobbyists trying to give you GOOD tailormade information yesterday and you completely disregarded about everything.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what I got I will prob get like a kit for calc alk mag and then a ph test
Ok went through his stuff, i think the hydrometer should be replaced with a refractometer as swing arm hydrometers are notorious for being innacurate. All for reef is easy to add but need to monitor calcium and alk and hasnt been around for awhile due to shortages and the pandemic, anyone know a good 1 solution alternative?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are amazingly thorough threads detailing some tank builds on the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back