Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok. Thanks for the tip, it saves money and I dont wanna kill stuff on the lr. I’m gonna get some from my lfs
I use biospira (bacteria) to cycle my QT tanks and it works well but it’s not needed. It just may take a bit longer for the tank to stabilize depending how much live rock you used and how much die off etc..

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok. I looked it says I should go for 12-18” above the surface and ppl run 60 blue 20 white. I might do 40 blue 30 white or something like that
good move, you are doing much lower light corals, i may even start at just 40 or 30 blue and 20 white, white can add a lot of par

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to research how I can make my water as clean as possible w/o a skimmer and lots of sites are saying algae scrubber or a hob refugium

Oh ok. I looked it says I should go for 12-18” above the surface and ppl run 60 blue 20 white. I might do 40 blue 30 white or something like that

You're right. Since "people" run it at 60-20 you should definitely not do that.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably just gonna be coralline rock. I will get some snails or crabs to cycle the tanks GV

have them pack it in water. Bring a 5g bucket or something. It’s not needed if a short drive home but It can’t hurt to keep it nice and wet.

I would get the rock first and let the tank settle before adding cuc. Maybe a tester hermit or something to watch of the rock is fully cured.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have them pack it in water. Bring a 5g bucket or something. It’s not needed if a short drive home but It can’t hurt to keep it nice and wet.

I would get the rock first and let the tank settle before adding cuc. Maybe a tester hermit or something to watch of the rock is fully cured.
Ok, I think I will do that. I don’t wanna go back and forth too much so probably on my 1st trip I will get coralline rock a crab then some xenia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back