Not open for further replies.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol glad the aggressive responses aren't gone after 117 pages
Lol true, I would also like to see him pull it off any nicer and cheaper than fijicube, at that price you pretty much cant for a rimless tank
What’s wrong with saying I’d just build one. I already have a 20 long so just buying a sicce pump and a piece of black acrylic and some silicone would be the exact same thing
no it wont, rimless are much more expensive, and the tank is professionally done, it harder to silicone these things well

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I get crashing flow off it, if I have the 250gph powerhead then the 125gph pump I get a total of 375 gph in random flow which is good for the corals

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol true, I would also like to see him pull it off any nicer and cheaper than fijicube, at that price you pretty much cant for a rimless tank

no it wont, rimless are much more expensive, and the tank is professionally done, it harder to silicone these things well
Fluval is rimless too thoguh

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d rather have a tank that looks like a pile of junk but has cool stuff inside then a ada 99999999$ invisible glass floating rimless tank with a goldfish and rainbow trash gravel

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i said to make it yourself, rimless is more expensive. The advantage over fluval was the bigger pump and more importantly the larger tank size

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if I should get dry rock or live rock, I was also toying with live rubble because I want fish that like rubble (a clingfish a jawfish and a sail fin blenny)

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d rather have a tank that looks like a pile of junk but has cool stuff inside then a ada 99999999$ invisible glass floating rimless tank with a goldfish and rainbow trash gravel
Boy, you have a lot to learn about sw aquariums. You are also rude to the point of nasty with some of your comments

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, @Sharkbait19 did u upgrade ur flow, the pump in the fluval evo sucks and u need a powerhead or a better pump. It only does like 125 gph
I upgraded the filter to the InTank Baskets, best decision I ever made to the tank. It made the water incredibly clear and the corals are thriving with it.
I never upgraded my pump, I plan on (and keep putting off) 3D printing random flow generators instead of the duckbills. In a tank so small I never found a need for a powerhead because the stock filtration was more than powerful enough for most purposes.

There are a lot of good macro builds out there for this tank, you won’t be disappointed if you get it.

Good fish options are occelaris or percs, grammas, firefish, gobies, cardinals, and coral croucher gobies (cousin to lionfish). All will get along within reason (especially if you don’t get a clown pair, which you have already stated you don’t want).

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharkbait runs the tank though, how many fish do you think is reasonable?
Anywhere from 2-5 depending on species, tank maturity, and maintenance (5 is if you are looking at only small gobies, and that is pushing it due to aggression) I think is fine. 3-4 is best.
I’m planning on 4:
2 clowns
Tiger Shrimp-goby (likely Randall, still looking for one) pair
Some fourth thing (front runners are neon goby, green tiger goby, cardinal, or firefish)

And however much corals I can squeeze in lol.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna do the fluval eco and then a better pump and a randomizer flow pipe
1620767878690.gif

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anywhere from 2-5 depending on species, tank maturity, and maintenance (5 is if you are looking at only small gobies, and that is pushing it due to aggression) I think is fine. 3-4 is best.
I’m planning on 4:
2 clowns
Tiger Shrimp-goby (likely Randall, still looking for one) pair
Some fourth thing (front runners are neon goby, green tiger goby, cardinal, or firefish)

And however much corals I can squeeze in lol.
I will Venmo you $25 if you can link me two evo tanks with 5 fish in them

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back