20 long stocking. (Macroalgae and softies)

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you like predators, have you considered a small active mantis shrimp instead? You can feed it live shrimp and crabs and watch it bludgeon them to death.

Last edited:

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because apex predator fish do best in this kind of setup anyway. I might trade the fish when they grow too
No. ‘Apex predator fish’ do best in appropriately sized tanks. And despite the fact that a lot of people do it, keeping fish that will quickly outgrow the tank they’re in with the attitude of ‘I’ll just trade them in’ is wrong. The animals that we keep aren’t disposable, or rentals, or inanimate things that we can just use for entertainment until we tire of them or until their care becomes too expensive or inconvenient.

BelieveInBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
michael jackson halloween GIF by Vevo

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Warty angler pair of skunk clowns and a blenny?
Angler will eat those things. A single wart angler will survive in that tank, but you're going to be replacing it every year and, not to be rude, but it's not a fish for a budget-conscious person. You'll go broke buying fish for it to prey on.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna get one of those anyway but not in a reef tank. I don’t want the tank blowing up

blowing up? They can’t break glass. Literally the only time that has happened is when someone put a very large mantis in a very tiny thin tank. Like think of a 6 inch mantis in a 5g Petcos tank.

It’s not going to do anything to a 20g. Especially a small species.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am gonna put one in a plastic tank so it can’t explode the tank no matter what

A small mantis in a 20g literally can not break the glass. No matter what.

HELLO? Is this thing on?

I give up lol you don’t listen and no suggestion is good enough for you.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! over 20 pages in 2 threads in the last 24 hours? LOL
Are you doing this on a bet?
Anyway take your Ritalin and try and focus ;)

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mantis shrimp needs at least a 10 gallon tank and i thought u were only setting up one tank not 2.
Wartkin anglers im pretty sure will try to eat any fish that is smaller or equal size. Wartskin anglers can and will eat each other and the clownfish as well.
I would say 1 angler in a 15-20 gallon with no other fish would work, they will eat any fish that can fit in a 20.
Probably should give up on the predators if you plan to keep a 20 gallon, its hard and costs way more money than a regular tank

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back