20 Normal Questions

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2020
Messages
11,641
Reaction score
13,157
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
59ahcg.gif

Here are the rules:
Ask normal questions, and give normal answers.

And maybe some zany ones too. :p

And please, let's keep the jokes friendly. We are not here to insult anyone.
Please remain respectful to fellow reefers at all times.

With that said, welcome to the 20 Short Normal Thread!
Feel free to make plenty of comments and funny posts! And of course, some normal questions here and there.
 
Are we going to have 20 “20 questions” threads?
 
59ahcg.gif

Here are the rules:
Ask normal questions, and give normal answers.

And maybe some zany ones too. :p

And please, let's keep the jokes friendly. We are not here to insult anyone.
Please remain respectful to fellow reefers at all times.

With that said, welcome to the 20 Short Normal Thread!
Feel free to make plenty of comments and funny posts! And of course, some normal questions here and there.
Why can’t people make up their mind?
 
Serious question though, which is better... A skimmer or UV. I have neither
 
Serious question though, which is better... A skimmer or UV. I have neither
Depends on the tank and husbandry. Water changes can replace both. Large tanks with large loads need skimmers. UV is not a requirement and is typically used to manage ich or alage/bacterial blooms.
 
Depends on the tank and husbandry. Water changes can replace both. Large tanks with large loads need skimmers. UV is not a requirement and is typically used to manage ich or alage/bacterial blooms.
It's a 125 with 6 fish, and 1 toadstool, but gha is seriously getting outta control.

Phosphate is high as well, but trates are 5
 
It's a 125 with 6 fish, and 1 toadstool, but gha is seriously getting outta control.
Honestly, I just solved it by plucking it off the rocks and leaving the rest to my CUC, but again, mine is waaaay smaller.
Although.....
Summer Cruise, Scuba Diving Sticker GIF | Gfycat
 
Why am I unable to do a phyto culture? I sanitize everything, boil the water and let it get to room temperature and have consistent lighting a flow. EVERY TIME at my 2nd split the culture starts to die off. I have tried new bottles, different sanitization methods and everything under the sun I can think about outside of purifying the incoming air. WHY?
 
You could try reducing PO4 with phosguard. I never tried that but I heard it works well, especially for larger aquariums.
 
You could try reducing PO4 with phosguard. I never tried that but I heard it works well, especially for larger aquariums.
It stands a chance of leaching aluminum. Some have issues and some don’t.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new