20G cube flow feedback and questions

Nick_N

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to the hobby.

I've recently upgraded from a Fluval Evo to a Waterbox 20 cube and I want to make sure that I don't have too much (or too little!) flow for my corals and fish.

I'm mainly worried about my goni and torch. I have the waver maker pointed at the rock, a bit to the side of the torch. My goal was to give the torch a decent amount of flow because I've read that they like flow.

Does that flow look OK? Do I need to worry about the clownfish having too much flow or will they just move out of the way of the waver maker, behind rock etc?

Thanks

Solution
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I've recently upgraded from a Fluval Evo to a Waterbox 20 cube and I want to make sure that I don't have too much (or too little!) flow for my corals and fish.

I'm mainly worried about my goni and torch. I have the waver maker pointed at the rock, a bit to the side of the torch. My goal was to give the torch a decent amount of flow because I've read that they like flow.

Does that flow look OK? Do I need to worry about the clownfish having too much flow or will they just move out of the way of the waver maker, behind rock etc?

Thanks

As long as none of your polyps retract (they look fine in the video), I’d say your flow is...

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Thanks

As long as none of your polyps retract (they look fine in the video), I’d say your flow is ok. Clownfish like to surf the flow, so unless you see them hiding or stressed, they’re probably fine. I’d just keep an eye on everything. Great tank!

Upvote 1
Solution
OP
OP
Nick_N

Nick_N

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as none of your polyps retract (they look fine in the video), I’d say your flow is ok. Clownfish like to surf the flow, so unless you see them hiding or stressed, they’re probably fine. I’d just keep an eye on everything. Great tank!
Thanks!

I was thinking of swapping the torch and goni positions since it looks like the bottom gets a bit more flow but I’ll wait a bit and see how things go.

Upvote 0

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

I was thinking of swapping the torch and goni positions since it looks like the bottom gets a bit more flow but I’ll wait a bit and see how things go.
Ps I’d shut off the flow when you feed the clownfish if you’re not already.

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back