20g QT Tank Capacity

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.

Been offered a flame angel and a gramma for a bargain... prob is I've already got two medium clownfish in my QT tank... could it handle 2 clowns, an angel and gramma for up to 30 days?

HOB filter, heater, airstone, pvc hides and seeded using sponge from my DT.

Thanks!

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna be awfully crowded. I'd be more worried about aggression than nutrient management (you can always do daily water changes). Plus the level of stress in that tank is going to be pretty high which reduces immunity and overall health. I'd take some of the money you saved and get another 20 gallon tank. Or just move the clowns over if they've passed a good portion of your quarantine regimen.

OP
OP
KyleC

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna be awfully crowded. I'd be more worried about aggression than nutrient management (you can always do daily water changes). Plus the level of stress in that tank is going to be pretty high which reduces immunity and overall health. I'd take some of the money you saved and get another 20 gallon tank. Or just move the clowns over if they've passed a good portion of your quarantine regimen.
No space for another 20G unfortunately.... and there's still 25 days left of my 76 days fallow in my DT so moving them isn't really an option.

Dam... kinda expected that response but was hopeful none the less. Thanks for the advice!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.

Been offered a flame angel and a gramma for a bargain... prob is I've already got two medium clownfish in my QT tank... could it handle 2 clowns, an angel and gramma for up to 30 days?

HOB filter, heater, airstone, pvc hides and seeded using sponge from my DT.

Thanks!
Honestly, a flame Angel isn’t a rare fish… they’re common as muck yet people pay stupid prices for them because everyone assumes they’re endemic to Hawaii.

OP
OP
KyleC

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's more to do with the whole deal..

Flame angel,
Royal Gramma,
Torch coral,
2 x hammer corals,
Trachy Coral

All for £175... but I don't want to risk them dying due to my greed... so I'll just have to pass :(

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's more to do with the whole deal..

Flame angel,
Royal Gramma,
Torch coral,
2 x hammer corals,
Trachy Coral

All for £175... but I don't want to risk them dying due to my greed... so I'll just have to pass :(
Is the flame a must in that? You could probably get away with the RG and the clowns but not the RG, Clowns and Flame.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back