21 borbonius anthias in a +6000g?

Don’t know much about them. I’ve only seen them kept singly so that makes me think maybe they’re solitary?
I purchased 2 very small ones together in a 150g with plenty of hiding places but after 4 years one did eventually bully the other one to death. Perhaps the tank bred ones may be more tolerant of each other or larger numbers to spread aggression.
 
Had a couple in my 400.and removed both as they started becoming very territorial as they grew. Final size of these fish is large and believe small fish that fit in their mouths will be dinner
 
Ad
Cool. How long have you had yours. Do you find them difficult to feed and take care of?
Had one for more than a year as one a bit less. Pretty easy to feed and very hardy fish once acclimated.
 
In the past, I had issues with improper decompression with some - struggling to stay down in the tank. I haven’t tried one in years so I don’t know if their collection methods have improved, sorry.
Jay
I still see that jay, some of the fish store still say that a lot of them still suffer from decompression issues
 
Last edited:
I’m going to need a picture! Favorite fish! Would love to see a big group
 
I'm in Lebanon not in Jordan. well only 2-300 KM far from Jordan...
we don't typically get nicer fish here except on very few shipments where we get lucky.
Dubai has been booming on the nicer fish and Cherry corals shipments so I get many fish/corals from there. I also get many fish and corals from travel to Europ and US ...
a pain for sure but gives each coral and fish a story to get attached to it immediately.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new