210g Things with Stings

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got another guy coming next Tuesday. Now I really have to get the radiata out of the training tank. I actually decided to wait until I got back from my month long vacation. I didn't want my tank sitter (husband) to have to deal with a new situation while I was gone.

scorp.JPG
wow. How cool. What's this one called?

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got another guy coming next Tuesday. Now I really have to get the radiata out of the training tank. I actually decided to wait until I got back from my month long vacation. I didn't want my tank sitter (husband) to have to deal with a new situation while I was gone.

scorp.JPG

Beautiful fish!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's actually coming Wednesday as Monday is a holiday. I got him from one of our sponsors on here. I think it's my first official sponsor purchase!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the radiata is in as of yesterday. Everything appears calm even though they are both hunkered down in the dark back corner. I don't see any posturing, so I think we're good. I'm not turning the light on until tomorrow.

both.jpg

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone is going to be mad at me a loooong time. The closest I can get to him is peeking down the 7 foot tank. I'm not going to turn on the lights today. The collonistas are so happy with the darkness.

radiata.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone is going to be mad at me a loooong time. The closest I can get to him is peeking down the 7 foot tank. I'm not going to turn on the lights today. The collonistas are so happy with the darkness.

radiata.jpg
LOL. Fish can pout...

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn't a smooth transition. I was like a bull in a china shop. The reflections in this tank also throw off newcomers for a bit.
Poor guy.
Yea, it makes me crazy when I suddenly sprout all thumbs.
On the up side, beautiful fish. and great Pictures as always.
The pouty fish pic still kills me.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new scorp is pouting as well.... I have a house full of teenagers. I have a feeling he is going to be super hard to train.

The two lions are getting along, so that makes me happy.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is rough on newcomers. The reflections and the lack of sides stress them out for a week. The radiata is still not speaking to me and is agitated.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The radiata finally took food after a week of avoiding me. I rewarded him and his friend with a dozen guppies. The sphex came to me as a teeny tiny little guy and hasn't seen live food in a few years. He didn't know what to think of all his new little friends.

The radiata has finally gotten somewhat used to the tank and it's not constantly rubbing himself on the panels nor is he pacing. They all do it when newly introduced, so I know it's the tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see it on other tanks, but not to the point of agitation. I'm sure it's because it's a peninsula in the middle of a bright room and they're right next to a sliding door. It's pretty thick acrylic, so maybe that enhances the effect. I don't bother to feed them at certain times of the day when the light comes in a certain way, as they spend their time hunting the reflection. I usually end up thumping them on the butt so they'll look over their shoulder and see the actual food. It's easier to feed them at night with the tank lights on and no ambient interference.

Back