225 gallon Lee-mar upgrade (in progress)

Sounds good Kraylen.

Slowly coming together. You can see the skimmer (alpha kone 300) with a AVAST Swabbie.
setup1of3June232010copycopy.jpg


Just for fun.
setup2of3June232010copycopy.jpg


setup3of3June232010copycopy.jpg
 
Where are you planning on using the LED? Considering picking up a pair to run over my frag section and fuge section in my sump.
 
Congrats on upgrading, Ian! I have a Leemar and LOVE it! They are gorgeous tanks. I looks forward to more pics :bigsmile:
 
Where are you planning on using the LED? Considering picking up a pair to run over my frag section and fuge section in my sump.
Not sure yet. They are decently bright. Not too shabby. I have another 50 watt LED fixture that I was planning to use over a fuge.


Congrats on upgrading, Ian! I have a Leemar and LOVE it! They are gorgeous tanks. I looks forward to more pics :bigsmile:
Thanks Peter. I keep posting pictures.

awesome setup...cant wait to see it up and running
Thanks, same here.



Plumbed the 2 100g water containers. They will be placed under the house.
setup4of6June282010copycopy.jpg


setup5of6June282010copycopy.jpg


setup6of6June282010copycopy.jpg



Sfiligoi all put together (custom painted by a friend)
setup3of6June282010copycopy.jpg

setup2of6June282010copycopy.jpg

setup1of6June282010copycopy.jpg
 
I think I am going to go with a Le Mar tank but not sure yet, I just wanted to know why you chose Le Mar,and what the pro and cons were? I don't know to much about the tank some one just suggested him as a custom builder to me.
 
I've always heard good things about their tanks. The opportunity came up so I jumped on it.

I think I am going to go with a Le Mar tank but not sure yet, I just wanted to know why you chose Le Mar,and what the pro and cons were? I don't know to much about the tank some one just suggested him as a custom builder to me.
 
Very nice setup. I have a Leemar with the same dimensions. Tagging along to watch the process. Where are you going to position the 6 vortechs? I a pair in my tank now and was thinking of either using more vortechs or getting the 6105 Tunze....
 
Things are looking great Ian. Are all the corals at the new pad now?
 
*Looks at his new upgrade... looks at Ian's new upgrade... frowns and walks away dragging feet*
 
Coming along nicely!

What are you using to raise and lower the lights?

TANKSALOT
aka - Steve
I posted some info on the actuator I used earlier in the thread. There are some shots of it unmounted from the ceiling.

looking good ian!. thanks for sharing. some day i will be overhauling my sps tank.. some day..lol
Thanks Richard, but why do you have to rehaul your tank? haha

Very nice setup. I have a Leemar with the same dimensions. Tagging along to watch the process. Where are you going to position the 6 vortechs? I a pair in my tank now and was thinking of either using more vortechs or getting the 6105 Tunze....
I was thinking to do 2 on each side and 2 on the back.

liking that motorized pulley system! where did you get it from?
Actuator from Linear Actuators, Linear Motors, Micro motors, Electric Motors
Pulleys from McMaster. There is some info and links earlier in the thread.

Things are looking great Ian. Are all the corals at the new pad now?
They all made it fine Mark. It wasn't a bad move.

*Looks at his new upgrade... looks at Ian's new upgrade... frowns and walks away dragging feet*
Lol, Kraylen. Your upgrade is nice!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new