225 gallon Lee-mar upgrade (in progress)

*looks at Ian's upgrade*

*walks out to the Lab and looks at his "upgrade"*

*looks at Ian's again*

*looks at his*

*reaches for cigarettes that are no longer there, instead kicks 70g over*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

2 Projects on R2R are dryyyyy hahah
 
*looks at Ian's upgrade*

*walks out to the Lab and looks at his "upgrade"*

*looks at Ian's again*

*looks at his*

*reaches for cigarettes that are no longer there, instead kicks 70g over*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

2 Projects on R2R are dryyyyy hahah

If you count mine that makes three... but most of this system has water in it and running well... just not the DT yet.
 
Looking at that pic of the holding tank of your old stuff I spot a huge watermelon chalice I think the second to last on the bottom right... Am i right..LOL need a pic of that bad boy I cant wait to see thgis thing all up..
Yup, it is a watermelon. Same picture left side there is another watermelon. I've got several colonies of various watermelons.

Nice looking setup. I can't wait to see water in it.
Thanks, I actually filled it 1/2 way today.

*looks at Ian's upgrade*

*walks out to the Lab and looks at his "upgrade"*

*looks at Ian's again*

*looks at his*

*reaches for cigarettes that are no longer there, instead kicks 70g over*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

2 Projects on R2R are dryyyyy hahah
LOL, funny man.

If you count mine that makes three... but most of this system has water in it and running well... just not the DT yet.
Hopefully, I will have it all up and running this weekend.

Lookin good
Thanks
 
Ian,
The tank build is looking really sweet. Congratulations :D
 
Congrats getting everything tied together Ian. Your tank will be one of legends :angel:
 
Ian,
The tank build is looking really sweet. Congratulations :D
Thanks Alicia.

Congrats getting everything tied together Ian. Your tank will be one of legends :angel:
Thanks Mark. I did have a little problem when I tied in the tank. I think there was some sort or oily residue on the spaflex. It caused my skimmer to not foam and a couple sps to rtn. Everything seems to be better now though.
 
Just finished adding all the sand in 30 mins ago
setup1of2July192010copycopy.jpg


Moved the water containers downstairs (need to do a lot of cleaning)
setup2of2July192010copycopy.jpg
 
(hears krays sighs} looks at 300 gal empty reef sitting on porch, sighs to self, looks at 55 up and running, after looking at this thread hangs head in shame, looks at own project sitting empty, looks back at this thread, looks at 55, kicks self, lol, anyway, great looking build, a lot of us are really jealous right now.
 
Looks awesome. I can't wait to see it with fish and corals
Thanks Greenmaster. I added my black tang to the display last night. I want him to get used to the tank before adding any other fish.

How much those vertical water containers run you if you dont mind me asking and how big are they?
They are about 100 gallons each. They were about 160 shipped each from tankdepot.com. I was able to get in on an order with some friends to save on freight.

(hears krays sighs} looks at 300 gal empty reef sitting on porch, sighs to self, looks at 55 up and running, after looking at this thread hangs head in shame, looks at own project sitting empty, looks back at this thread, looks at 55, kicks self, lol, anyway, great looking build, a lot of us are really jealous right now.
LOL now there are two of you.

how many total gallons in this system, do you think this will be when you finish
About 450 gallons total. I am unsure when I will be done exactly. I have a lot on my plate for the upcoming month. Not sure how much work I will be able to get done on the tank.
 
If all these goodies keep showing up from cal. I am going to have to hope a bus and do a tank tour, lol
 
My camera is so excited for this build. :D
I'll let you know when its ready.

If all these goodies keep showing up from cal. I am going to have to hope a bus and do a tank tour, lol
LOL, lots of tanks to see out here.

DOH! Nice Cali basement you have there! Many must be jealous of that!!!
Yeah, lots of people mention that. haha


Update

First inhabitant of the display. Had this guy in my old frag tank for over a year.
sale1of1July252010copycopy.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new