225 gallon Lee-mar upgrade (in progress)

Sweet setup, keep the pic's and updates coming!
Thanks. I will get more shots up soon. Next up are top down shots.


I like the sand where did you get it from?
The sand is actually from petco. Its a larger grain sand which I needed for the high flow from all the vortechs.
 
I tested par off my fixture.
1000-1200 right above water center to MH
600-800 right below water
450-600 at the level of corals 10" under water level
250-300 at the floor
220 at the front left and right corners (floor of tank)

Numbers seem really good to me. Looks like the 250w radium 20ks on an hqi ballast push almost as much as what I've seen of the 400w radiums on a electronic ballast.
 
Thanks man. I agree it looks so much better with the skin on the stand now. Almost complete. Now I just need to do more arrangement inside the stand itself.
 
Looking good Ian. Are you more active on reef2reef than other forums?

More here than other forums.


Shots of some new fish.
wrasse2of2November302010copycopy.jpg


wrasse1of2November302010copycopy.jpg



Close ups of the stand
stand1of3November302010copycopy.jpg


stand2of3November302010copycopy.jpg


stand3of3November302010copycopy.jpg
 
I actually picked up 3 of them. They are getting along doing well together.
 
Some new top down shots.

topdown12of27December022010copycopy.jpg


Pastel War and Peace
topdown11of27December022010copycopy.jpg


Tyree purple unknown
topdown10of27December022010copycopy.jpg


Wishin2boutside's raspberry cheescake
topdown9of27December022010copycopy.jpg


topdown8of27December022010copycopy.jpg


topdown23of27December022010copycopy.jpg
 
I got a nub of that Raspberry Cheesecake Acro from Richard at BAYMAC but him no longer and that pic really makes me emotional about it now, nice shots bro:too_sad:
 
I got a nub of that Raspberry Cheesecake Acro from Richard at BAYMAC but him no longer and that pic really makes me emotional about it now, nice shots bro:too_sad:

What happened to your piece? So far so good with the piece. Hopefully I will be able to spread some frags out sooner than later.
 
It fell in between my rock work. Definitely get at me when you want to let a frag go, I'm in San Bruno so we can hook up. That green cap is nice too, did you give some of it to Chris at Aquatic Central?? It looks very similar to a piece I'm holding for him.
 
It fell in between my rock work. Definitely get at me when you want to let a frag go, I'm in San Bruno so we can hook up. That green cap is nice too, did you give some of it to Chris at Aquatic Central?? It looks very similar to a piece I'm holding for him.


Yes I did. I've given him a bunch of SPS in the past.
 
That piece mostly encrusts. It does send up branches after encrusting. I'll let you know when I have a frag of the raspberry ready though.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new