24K Gold Torch Coral

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! As some of u UK Reefer may know, aussie corals are quite rare here and so are their luxury torches. This 24k Torch has become available from one of my last but it's rather small and doesn't seem.to be showing much polyp extension. I was just looking on here for more advice as to whether I should buy it or not as they're very expensive.

Would you guys buy this coral or would you pass due to the size, lack of extension and price?

Not my photo

Screenshot_20210324-174038_Facebook.jpg

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always learned from experience that if my gut says not to buy, it is good to follow. It seems like your gut tells you not to buy.

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always learned from experience that if my gut says not to buy, it is good to follow. It seems like your gut tells you not to buy.
I will go with my gut on this one, the shop owner said he has had the torch for 3 weeks, to me it looks like it's been fragged too short and the polyp has fallen through. 3 Weeks and it's still that retracted

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is too small to be worth a nickel.

Also, that is a top down shot, with lighting that is turning an egg-crate PURPLE. You can imagine what the actual coral looks like in person.

avoid IMO

LiquidEric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless if the torch is currently opening wide pass. Aussies are a challenge and one that won’t open fully is most likely in the process of dying.

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is too small to be worth a nickel.

Also, that is a top down shot, with lighting that is turning an egg-crate PURPLE. You can imagine what the actual coral looks like in person.

avoid IMO
Thank you, I have gone with my gut on this one and will let it pass

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have asked for more, the guy said it's about the size of a finger nail. Which is TINY!

Yep, egg crate squares are normally 3/4 an inch wide.

There's no reason to frag a euphyllia that small unless the mother colony is dying and you need to salvage what you can before it's too late.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back