24v Terminal for EB832 Accessory Port.

Flameback Pair

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2013
Messages
6,618
Reaction score
6,044
Location
LIVING WELLS MONTANA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enough of the solderless soldering connectors!!! I’m going to crimp on spade terminals for screw down bus bars. It’s not as good as a solid solder job but I don’t have the skills and I’m also missing a few items for soldering.

Okay here’s the low down on the crimp-on screw down terminals. 24V power comes out of the EB832 and goes into the transformer. 12V power comes out of the transformer into the fused bus bar. A DC cord jack goes out of the bus bar and into the cabinet LEDs. Let’s see if this works.

@TheHarold and @SuncrestReef I checked all my connections every wire lead and screw terminal positive or negative polarity. Little bitty indicator light shows on EB832 that accessory port is powered on. LED lights to test setup accept 12v. What could be wrong?

DBAE6110-32DD-43BB-998C-D3F30E7E99DC.jpeg


60309D18-EED6-4C59-A087-766FDC1F4D2E.jpeg

9B10D34D-8CFA-44BD-BA5A-844AE8F65011.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Okay while I was shifting things around when connecting everything one of the bare wires going into a spade terminal came completely out. Got it fix and lights are running. Plan to run a fan, LEDs and an electric lock off the bus bar. I know this isn't the right way to do it but not ready to solder.
 
Okay while I was shifting things around when connecting everything one of the bare wires going into a spade terminal came completely out. Got it fix and lights are running. Plan to run a fan, LEDs and an electric lock off the bus bar. I know this isn't the right way to do it but not ready to solder.


Crimp >> Solder when you can. However, its hard to form a proper crimp, doubly hard with cheap tools.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new